Eversource Energy Applications Architect, Digital in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
The Applications Architect, Digital is a key role on the Eversource journey to transform the Customer self-service experience into accessible, reliable digital solutions that make it effortless for clients to do business with us. Provides technical leadership to the team in IT Customer Engagement Systems responsible for IVR, Web, Mobile and other digital solutions. Responsible for defining IT strategy, evaluating solution technologies, designing digital solutions, providing oversight and technical leadership for a multi-year program to transform the customer experience digital platform.
This is an excellent opportunity for a technical strategist and leader to drive transformation that impacts both the business and IT.The ideal candidate for this opening has a solid background leading and delivering solutions with in-depth experience in digital platforms, Agile delivery methods, cloud solutions, and service design.
- Provide technical leadership designing and developing IT strategies and digital solutions across multiple platforms (application, data , integration, cloud, and security) involving the following: mobile, cloud, web, service oriented architecture, integration/middleware,
- Act as solution lead working with modern architectures and frameworks at the same time working with innovative technologies and tools.
- Provides technical expertise for end-to-end digital solutions and alignment across channels (IVR, web, mobile)
- Provide oversight of day-to-day operations of Eversource digital technology platform availability, solution providers, achievement of service levels, and communicate status and impacts to business partners.
- Proactively identify issues and leverage technical expertise and business insight to ensure all stakeholders and solution providers are represented and informed.
- Drive aspects of projects including technical design, integrations, interfacing with vendor technology/solutions and guiding internal teams on solution/integration decisions.
- Provide technical leadership to deliver solutions throughout the full project lifecycle from concept through implementation and support.
- Lead internal and vendor teams to deliver state-of-the-art quality digital solutions.
- Performs business/IT liaison role, developing expertise around both business needs and IT capabilities.
- Collaborate across IT, business, and support partners to research, select, and implement new tools and technologies needed to build digital platforms and solutions.
- Ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long term strategy.
- Demonstrates and maintains technical competence in the technology used in the creation of digital solutions.
- Maintain strategic partnerships between vendors, business partners, and technology.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: In depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and modern architecture concepts and principles. Other required knowledge, skills and abilities include: Solid understanding of web and cloud basedtechnologies: Agile/Iterative Delivery methodology, MS Azure architecture experience, digital enterprise solutions experience (web, mobile, analytics, etc). Strong knowledge of digital software products including: Content Management Systems, such as Sitefinity or Sitecore; Web Analytics such as Tea Leaf, Google Analytics, or Webtrends; Tag Management, search optimization, and artificialintelligence. Strong consensus building and influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to embrace change quickly. Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization. Depicts highly complex ideas, issues and designs that can be understood by a variety of audiences. Strong technical leadership, communication and collaboration skills with a track record of taking solution ownership.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree isrequired. An advanced degree is a plus.
Experience: A minimum of (5) five years related experience working with digital solutions. Experience working with Agile methodologies and cross functional teams. Experience delivering large scale web, online, and mobile implementations. Experience with one or more of the following technologies: .Net, Web Services, or Java EE.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.