Eversource Energy Analyst, Transmission Policy in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Under general supervision, analyzes federal (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission), regional (ISO New England), and state policy proposals for their impact on Eversource and our customers. Develops recommended policy positions, work with internal stakeholders to reach consensus on strategy, and implements strategies to gain regulator and stakeholder support.
- Analyzes federal (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission), regional (ISO New England), and state policy proposals for their impact on Eversource and our customers
- Develops recommended policy positions, work with internal stakeholders to reach consensus on strategy
- Develop analytical products, visualizations, research, and other advocacy materials to support policy recommendations and outreach
- Supports Eversource’s evaluation of non-transmission alternatives (non-wires alternatives) in state siting proceedings
- Performs engineering studies and analysis of existing projects and project proposals
- Oversees consultants who may be retained to perform policy or economic analysis [need more here].
- Scrutinizes technical reports related to the operational and economic impact of clean energy resources on the electric transmission and distribution systems in New England.
- Represents Eversource on regional and national advisory committees (NEPOOL committees, trade associations, etc.)
- Supports outreach and advocacy to external stakeholders
- Understanding of state and federal utility industry regulation
- Knowledge and experience with ISO/RTO processes and FERC open access transmission tariffs preferred.
- Understanding of economic theory and wholesale electricity markets
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency in oral and written communications
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, ability to apply knowledge to solve problems and strong team building skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Public Policy, or related field required
- 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required
- Must be available for travel between MA/CT/NH on an approximately monthly basis
- Must be available for occasional travel outside of the service area (i.e. Washington, DC)
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs