Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Tax Accounting Intern (IRC32196) in Westminster, Colorado
Brief Posting Description
Tri-State is a power utility providing electricity to rural electric cooperatives. We have a Tax Accounting Intern opportunity for summer 2020 in our Tax Accounting group. Students who have successfully completed three (3) years of undergraduate study towards a Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university are encouraged to apply.
This summer position offers students hands on opportunity to work in and learn various aspects of corporate tax accounting functions.
Under manager supervision, the intern will be responsible for the preparation of income tax workpapers and related income tax returns as well as the completion of the tax basis projects, which may include the following:
- Prepare the income tax workpapers and related tax returns for:
(1) Our smaller subsidiaries - Elk Ridge Mining, Axial Basin, Colowyo Coal and Thermo Cogeneration Partnership and;
(2) For our affiliated organizations - Rural Economic Action Alliance, Western States Power Corporation and Springerville Unit 3 Partnership and Western States Power. The intern will then update the tax basis records. Time permitting, the intern will then work on the tax basis balance sheets of Tri-State and all subsidiaries.
- Completion of junior year of bachelor's degree program in Accounting from an accredited college or university.Completed course in corporate income tax preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Computer experience/knowledge with accounting and tax software and applications. Excel experience is preferred
Attention to detail and organizational skills.
Independent thinking and good work ethics.
Strong desire to work in corporate tax.
INTERNSHIP DURATION, WORK SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
- The duration of the internship will be from about the end of May until the end of August (flexible depending on start/end of semester). The work schedule is Monday through Friday, forty hours/week.
Tri-State offers a competitive pay rate for this position. The position is located at Tri-State's Headquarters at 1100 W. 116 th Avenue, Westminster, CO 80234.
Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association is a wholesale electric power supplier owned by the 43 electric cooperatives that it serves. Tri-State generates and transmits electricity to its member systems throughout a 200,000 square-mile service territory across Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico and Wyoming.
Serving approximately 1.5 million consumers, Tri-State was founded in 1952 by its member systems to provide a reliable, cost-based supply of electricity. Headquartered in Westminster, Colo., about 1,480 people are employed by Tri-State throughout its four-state service area.
Tri-State's power is generated through a combination of owned baseload and peaking power plants that use coal and natural gas as their primary fuels, supplemented by purchased power, federal hydroelectricity allocations and renewable resource technologies. Tri-State delivers power to its members through a transmission system that includes substation facilities, telecommunications sites and over 5000 miles of high voltage transmission lines.
Interested? Here is how to Apply:
To apply please go to www.tristate.coop/careers and search for Tax Accounting Intern, IRC32196. Please attach your resume and most recent college transcript when applying online.
Preference will be given to students who attend accredited colleges and universities in Tri-State's service territory which includes Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and New Mexico.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc.
- Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Jobs