Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Tax Accounting Intern (IRC24307) in Westminster, Colorado
Tri-State is an electric utility. We have a Tax Accounting Summer Intern opportunity for 2018. Students who have successfully completed two (2) to three (3) years of undergraduate study towards a Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university are encouraged to apply.
This summer position offers students hands on opportunity to work in and learn various aspects of corporate tax accounting functions.
Projects may include the following:
Under manager supervision, the intern will be responsible for the preparation of income tax workpapers and related income tax returns as well as the completion of the tax basis projects which may include the following:
- Prepare the income tax workpapers and related tax returns for:
- (1) Our smaller subsidiaries -Axial Basin, Colowyo Coal, Elk Ridge Mining, Thermo Cogeneration Partnership and
- (2) For our affiliated organizations - Rural Economic Action Alliance, Western States Power Corporation and Springerville Unit 3 Partnership.
- Segregate the cost of the Nucla Station in the mass asset records and calculate a net book value.
- Update the Plains Electric tax basis records. This is not critical, but it does need to be done.
- Prepare the state income tax workpapers for 2017.
- Completion of sophomore or junior year of bachelor's degree program in Accounting from an accredited college or university. Course in corporate income tax preferred. (Please attach most recent copy of college transcript.)
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Computer experience/knowledge with accounting and tax software and applications.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to work in corporate tax.
- Experience using Excel is preferred.
Duration and Work Schedule:
The duration of the summer internship will be from about the end of May until the end of August.
The work schedule includes Monday through Friday, eight hours per day, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., forty hours per week.
Tri-State offers a competitive pay rate for this position. The position is based at Tri-State's Headquarters at 1100 W. 116th Avenue, Westminster, CO 80234.
Job Title: Tax Accounting Intern (IRC24307)
Location: Westminster, CO, US
Base Location: Headquarters-Westminster, Colorado
Amount of Travel: Up to 10%
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran