Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Records Specialist I, II or III (IRC26492) in Westminster, Colorado
Responsible for maintaining the corporate Records Center functions which include classification of records for integration into the corporate Electronic Content Management (ECM) system, search and retrieval of records from various physical and electronic locations, providing imaging services, and providing instruction and records expertise to other functional areas regarding record retention and storage processes in accordance with Tri-State's Policy, Program, and Procedures (PP&P;).
The Records Specialist will manage records using various repositories according to Central Records functional areas processes. This position will utilize interpersonal skills to enhance communication and assist in achieving goals; will work effectively as a member of the team and will effectively utilize the contributions of other team members to complete projects. This position will also prioritize multiple tasks to meet project deadlines with minimal supervision from management; will deliver high-quality products with considerable attention to detail; will be able to handle confidential information with discretion; and will contribute to creating and maintaining new business processes in the group.
Note: There is one position available, and the position will be filled at either the Records Specialist I (job grade NB10), Records Specialist II (job grade NB12) or Records Specialist III (job grade NB14). This decision will be based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate selected, as well as Tri-State business needs at the time of hire.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for timely response to Records search requests from other functional areas utilizing analytical and interpretive skills for research in the ECM and other systems to locate and retrieve requested material from various locations.
- Responsible for processing Records submitted for archiving, including indexing, and classification of inbound records into the ECM system, transmittal verification, barcoding as necessary, and quality check in accordance with Tri-State Records Program procedures.
- Prepare appropriate Records for offsite storage in accordance with Records Program and vendor procedures.
- Coordinate with and monitor outside vendors for offsite Records storage, certified document destruction, Records disaster recovery backups, and imaging services.
- Assist with the management of routine and project based imaging services provided to other functional areas, including tracking of jobs, preparation for imaging, verification of images and associated metadata capture, and destruction of hardcopy after verification is complete.
- Provide expertise and assistance with importing, management, and retrieval of electronic content in the corporate ECM system including a general understanding of the ECM software functionality.
- Management of importing and filing of specific types of records in the ECM system.
- Provide expertise to other functional areas regarding the Records Program, procedures and the corporate Records Retention Schedule. Advise other functional areas on options/alternatives available for storage of both physical and electronic records.
- Provide backup for the Tri-State main telephone lines on an as needed basis.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Planning and organizing: ability to think ahead and plan for a variety of contingencies. Sets priorities and allocates time and resources properly. Maintains awareness of relationships between activities and is able to coordinate numerous projects at any given time.
- Adaptability: works effectively during periods of high activity while seeking out and utilizing resources. Maintains effectiveness during procedural/organizational changes and when dealing with varying personality styles and tasks.
- Thoroughness: attention to accuracy and detail.
- Time management: ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player: accomplishes tasks by working with others and being a good team player. Recognizes how his/her decisions may impact others; seeks input from others.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Training:
- AA/BA/BS preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Experience with record inventory projects, including analysis and interpretation of record content for data capture within ECM systems.
- Working knowledge of library and records management techniques, procedures and methodologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and commitments at one time.
- Must be self-motivated, customer focused, organized, and a team player.
- Must be proficient in multiple software applications and Records specific hardware/software (Documentum, the Documentum Records Manager module, SharePoint, Kofax Capture, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Microfiche and Microfilm Readers).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of material.
- Accurate typing skills and ability to maintain quality of data capture.
- Must be able to climb a ladder, and lift 40 pounds.
- The Records Specialist III requires a minimum of six (6) years of general office/file center environment experience, including three (3) years of working in a Record Center/corporate repository environment. Those with less experience will be hired at the Records Specialist I or II, as appropriate.
- Combination of education and work experience providing competencies to perform the required responsibilities specific to position.
- Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can perform all of the essential functions of the position.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, and climb ladders. The incumbent is also required to lift/carry objects below shoulder length up to 40 lbs., reach for items above/below shoulder level, and push/pull objects up to 40 lbs.
- Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to read, write, perform arithmetic, weigh/measure, analyze data/reports, conduct research, implement recommendations, and direct the work of others. This employee will also create methodologies for accomplishing a goal, Present information to others, and work under pressure.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the employee works in an office environment.
Job Title: Records Specialist I, II or III (IRC26492)
Location: Westminster, CO, US
Base Location: HQ - Westminster, CO
Amount of Travel: Up to 10%
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran