Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. IT System Analyst II, III or Senior (IRC24826) in Westminster, Colorado
This position is responsible for designing, developing and/or configuring, building, reviewing, and unit testing software and solutions, as well as being a liaison with business users and other IT teams to provide technical and functional software solutions. Person filling this position is a key member of an Applications Development team responsible for developing solutions that will benefit all IT services. Areas of work include data integrations, process automations, workflows, reports and user interface design.
Note: There is only one vacancy. Applicants will be considered for an Analyst II, III or Senior depending on their overall job qualifications.
Salary Grade: Analyst II - NB19; III - NB21; Senior - NB23.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES(Duties listed below are for a Senior Analyst. Duties for an Analyst II and III are similar but may vary in overall responsibility, accountability and scope.)
- Responsible for collaborating with the various business areas to design and build sustainable integration solutions to meet business needs and add significant business value.
- Execute the design, build, test and deployment of the solution to ensure it meets design specification and ultimately the business requirements.
- Troubleshoot data integration issues and bugs, analyze reasons for failure, implement optimal solutions, and revise procedures as needed.
- Conduct unit and integration testing to ensure quality implementation.
- Use best practices to test and deploy changes from staging environments to production.
- Prepare high level design and architecture diagrams.
- Document Standard Operating Procedures and Process Flows for Change Control and Sarbanes-Oxley Act Of 2002 (SOX) compliance.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Planning: ability to think ahead and plan within timelines and resources; develop scope, plan and schedule work; set priorities and goals; anticipate and adjust for problems; evaluate workloads; measure and evaluate performance against established goals.
- Time management: ability to successfully plan and implement objectives within established timelines and work schedules.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop effective solutions at technical, strategic and functional levels.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player: accomplishes tasks by working with others and being a good team player. Recognizes how his/her decisions may impact others; seeks input from others.
- Computer proficiency in operating a personal computer and standard business office applications including Microsoft Office suite, databases, and other related applications as described in previous section.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction as a highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner in order to effectively solve problems and stay on track towards accomplishing organizational goals.
- Detail oriented and ability to perform thorough analysis of assigned work.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Ability to develop on multiple platforms.
- Technical and analytical ability in any programming language, preferably Java and SQL.
- Advanced SQL skills including complex query building and query performance tuning.
- Coordinate with other developers on the team to build and share knowledge, ensuring consistent delivery of information.
- Up to date knowledge of business intelligence best practices, methodologies and toolsets.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to technical, user personnel, and management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management processes and best practices.
- Must have a strong knowledge of XML and JSON.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand key business processes and related issues.
- Strong skills in technical and configuration problem solving.
- Comprehensive knowledge of development tools.
- Comprehensive knowledge of software design and programming principles.
Experience: (Experience requirements listed below are for a Senior Analyst. Applicants with less experience will be considered for an Analyst II or III based on overall experience.)
- Eight (8) years of related IT systems development professional experience.
- Experience with software development lifecycle methodology (SDLC).
- Minimum Two (2) years hands on experience with Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) architecture, integration patterns, SOA and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience consuming and delivering SOAP and REST services.
- Experience with SAML authentication.
- Experience integrating new technologies with traditional RDBMS.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Diverse technologies (Microsoft, Oracle) and new technical architecture principles and concepts.
Job Title: IT System Analyst II, III or Senior (IRC24826)
Location: Westminster, CO, US
Base Location: HQ - Westminster, CO
Amount of Travel: Up to 10%
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran