Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Corporate Communications Specialist I, II or Senior (IRC27194) in Westminster, Colorado
Create, coordinate and distribute informative communications that encourage employee engagement, using effective messaging tools and delivery channels. Collaborate with all lines of business to build relationships and provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
NOTE: There is one position available and this position will be filled at either the Corporate Communications Specialist I (NB16), Corporate Communications Specialist II (NB18) or Senior Corporate Communications Specialist (NB20). This decision will be based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate and Tri-State business needs at the time of hire.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage innovative and creative communication plans that deliver key campaign and project messages while supporting employee initiatives.
- Write and edit content for internal and external communications channels including intranet, digital signage, posters, emails, presentations and executive correspondence, as well as external websites and publications.
- Interview and frame stories to incorporate Tri-State goals, strategies and interests. Manage editing process to produce stories that are well researched, accurate and free of errors.
- Design communications for the digital communication stations and posters and provide feedback on creative materials.
- Support communication strategies aligned with corporate brand, goals, value and culture.
- Perform regular content audits of intranet, website and other public-facing platforms.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement of communications program, based on knowledge of the company, its departments and employees, and the industry as a whole.
- Occasionally lead the work of small project teams and provide guidance to junior staff.
- Support the Marketing Communication team with member events as well as writing and editing for external and member-facing communications.
- Document, test and finalize processes to support cross-training of communications team on key duties.
- Provide support for media relations and crisis communications.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to plan, research and analyze future communications and projects.
- Time management: ability to set priorities, establish schedules and timelines, and meet deadlines.
- Problem solving: ability to analyze and resolve complex problems and be a self-starter and idea-generator.
- Strong team player.
- Distill complex content for Tri-State's broad internal audience.
- Be flexible with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Take ownership of department success.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State values.
- Take initiative to build ongoing knowledge of the industry, Tri-State, its processes and its members.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
- Bachelors' degree in a communications field (journalism, communications, English) or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to be creative and concise.
- Proficient in Associated Press (AP) style.
- Proven skills in designing effective and engaging communications.
- Ability to communicate with and write for all employees, members and other external audiences
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Six (6) or more years of progressive internal/employee communications programs experience, preferably in a corporate business environment.
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating communications programs and strategies and identifying ways to make adjustments as needed and knowledge of how to measure the effectiveness through surveys, focus groups, or other methods.
- Ability to travel up to 25% including overnight to Tri-State and member locations as necessary to build and maintain relationships.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic photography skills
- Basic design skills
The above requirements describe the experience and education qualifications for the Senior Corporate Communications Specialist. Those with less experience will be hired at the Level I or II.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be sitting frequently and occasionally be standing, walking, bending and climbing stairs. Employee will occasionally need to lift up to 50 lbs. and be frequently using a keyboard/computer.
- Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to know basic reading, writing and analyzing decisions while directing and supervising other employees.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to an office environment indoors and occasionally will travel outdoors to multiple locations dependent on work.
Job Title: Corporate Communications Specialist I, II or Senior (IRC27194)
Location: Westminster, CO, US
Base Location: Headquarters-Westminster, Colorado
Amount of Travel: Up to 20%
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran