Eversource Energy Supervisor, Compliance, Gas (Hybrid) in Westborough, Massachusetts
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are fulltime in the office.
Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for the development and oversight of regulatory compliance programs within the Operations Compliance Department. These programs will ensure the accurate and timely submission of all State and Federal mandated filings. Develops a shared commitment to provide value added services associated to pipeline safety compliance, Integrity management and the program initiatives. Drives continuous improvement efforts in pipeline safety compliance processes for operations and construction.
Supervises the collection of compliance documents from Gas Operations and other stakeholders to provide for regulatory filing requirements and information requests from the Department of Public Utilities (DPU), the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) and other State and Federal Regulatory Agencies as required. Reviews and updates information and ensures appropriate parties review in a timely manner. Develops and maintains regulatory focus and relationships with State regulators. Communicates with State inspectors regarding field observations and compliance issues. Coordinates responses to regulatory inquiries including NOPVs, Exit letters, Information Requests and other formal and informal communications. The Supervisor is responsible for managing and developing the Compliance Team of at least 2 FTE’s.
Manages internal audits/assessments and regulatory compliance initiatives
Supervises the Operations Compliance Specialist team.
- Develops and prepares responses, exit letters and other formal and informal communications from state regulators.
- Coordinates and tracks the development Compliance Agreement action items.
- Supports monitoring proposed new and revised State and Federal regulations. Develops summary updates to gas leadership with potential impacts to gas operations.
- Drives the implementation of Compliance initiatives, including the development and maintenance of an internal customer focused working relationship with Operations, Engineering, Construction, Legal and Regulatory.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends ways to improve compliance processes and procedures
- Maintains an awareness of how compliance initiatives impact capital and O&M budgets and recommend best cost alternatives to meet budgetary constraints
- Coordinates Commission and internal audits and manages the development and the implementation of corrective actions and preventative strategies to eliminate repeat offenses
- Builds, promotes and enhances collaborative relationships with Massachusetts Department of Public Utility Staff industry associations, company affiliates and other potential business partners
- Participates in Integrity Management programs in the threat review process, the identification and prioritization of the State Risks (and Risk Register).
- Participates in revisions and updates of company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of field operations and state specific Policies and Procedures, state and federal regulations (specifically DOT Pipeline safety regulations 192).
- Experience using/referencing Operations policies and procedures to interpret, clarify and problem solve.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills that result in clear, concise and positive communications.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and planning skills.
Demonstrated strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
Experience interpreting DOT Pipeline Safety Regulations 190, 191, 193, and 199, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of operations experience in natural gas distribution field operations or equivalent operations and compliance experience
Licenses & Certifications:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position is $112,010.00 to $124,450.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs