Eversource Energy Estimator, Standard Work Design, Gas in Westborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Looking for a motivated candidate to join the Eversource Gas Work Prep and Estimating team in Massachusetts. This individual would be responsible for the development of standard design gas projects including pipe of 12” diameter or less, operating at 99 psig. or less. These designs may include but are not limited to: main and service replacement projects, effected cast iron mains and encroachments, new business gas projects, new gas services, and standard commercial/industrial meter sets. Responsible for developing estimates and work orders for capital projects within the Gas Organization.
- Identifies requirements and design specifications for new and existing gas facilities.
- Estimates costs of materials, labor, contractor services and equipment for underground utility construction projects.
- Orders materials, when required, for assigned projects.
- Prepares project documents and related work orders in the Maximo work management system.
- Designs gas service replacements for all projects.
- Evaluates and documents historical cost data for the development of future estimates.
- Prepares and reviews final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Initiates project financial approval for assigned projects.
- Performs analysis of estimated vs. actual costs and units for completed projects.
- Responsible for the timely redesigns of existing work packages to support field changes when applicable.
- Prepares work order summary sheets for internal construction and meter services departments.
- Must be capable of interpreting contract language and contract units used to produce accurate estimates.
- May perform site visits on a limited basis to inspect and document existing field conditions.
- Knowledge of gas distribution operations or underground utility construction including engineering, construction and maintenance practices, as well as Federal, State, and company codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of estimating best practices including basic calculations based on project scope.
- Strong Computer skills MS Office (strong knowledge of Excel), Primavera P6, PowerBI, GIS, work management system (preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Ability to read and understand contract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of Work Management and budget systems.
- Knowledge of "unit based" estimating is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, engineering or related discipline OR equivalent experience (preferred)
- Three plus years of directly related experience
Licenses & Certifications: (not required)
- ASPE, ICEAA, or AACE estimator certification preferred.
- Employee could be eligible for a hybrid work from home schedule.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which involves sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
- Job can require driving to different geographic locations to visit field sites or attend meetings as necessary.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating and documenting.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs