Eversource Energy Supervisor-Meter And Service in West Torrington, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Plans, schedules, coordinate and supervise all Meters and Service activities in an assigned area of responsibility, which may include multiple work centers. Maintains up-to-date proficiency in all aspects of electric metering, including current technologies and revenue protection investigation procedures. Administers continual field training to facilitate development of Meters and Service personnel and ensures the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Preferred locations are Torrington or Newtown CT. Other locations may be considered.
- Supervises and coordinates the design, installation, and maintenance of meters, complex primary, totalized and AMR metering systems, lead control devices and related metering equipment.
- Supervises and schedules testing/replacement of electric meters and/or instrument transformers in accordance with annual test and retirement schedules and regulatory agency requirements.
- Implements Metering Standards, Information and Requirements for Electric Service, National Electric Code and all applicable customer service and credit and collection policies and procedures.
- Advises internal and external customers and contractors on metering and related technical matters.
- Facilitates Revenue Protection programs by initiating, coordinating and/or conducting energy diversion investigations, promptly identifying and correcting improperly metered locations and providing accurate data for billing adjustments and legal actions.
- Evaluates and verifies correct calculation of billing constants and ensures accurate wiring connections for all transformer-rated metering installations.
- Supervises and coordinates installation, removal and data analysis of voltage/power monitoring equipment.
- Administers Time Merit Progression program, performs internal and field inspections and training to enhance employees’ safety and work performance.
- Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and security of all CSS information, customer and Company keys, customer payments, meters, and related measuring equipment.
- Effectively resolves customer inquiries and complaints.
- Develops working relationships with municipal and state inspectors to resolve electric service issues.
- Administers the union contract(s).
- Supervises Meter Reading function for Eversource.
- Thorough knowledge of single phase and polyphase electric metering theory, operation and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, technology or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of metering or related experience
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects : Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs