NextEra Energy Senior Business Analyst (Financial Modeling) in West Palm Beach, Florida
Senior Business Analyst (Financial Modeling)
Date:Oct 14, 2020
Primary Location:West Palm Beach, FL, US, 33407
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 47199
is a national company with local roots in the communities we serve. Headquartered in south Florida, FPLES is a leader in providing energy solutions for our customers’ toughest challenges.
Position Specific Description As a senior business analyst with our FPLES team, you will support high level strategic financial modeling to expand existing and new product lines while also influencing efficiency enhancements through data analytics. This is a high visibility opportunity, with room for growth!
Specific job duties:
- Create financial models and forecast to support business growth
- Support company-wide strategic initiatives for behind the meter product development
- Lead annual Accelerate process to identify and value revenue-generating and cost-cutting efforts
- Create presentations and report on existing business lines and ongoing initiatives
- Conduct market analysis, financial analysis, and valuation to identify new product lines and strategic partnership opportunities
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute on strategic initiatives and pilots both internally and externally
Perform research and data analysis on market trends, start-ups, and strategic partners Preferred Qualifications:
Strong financial modeling and analysis experience
- Expert Excel proficiency
- Commercial business acumen
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, mathematics, data science, or related area
Employees in this role conduct complex operational analyses and lead medium to large project teams that support informed decision making within the business unit. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts analyses and prepares reports that provide operational and/or technical support to business operations
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative research to support small to medium special projects
- Assists with process design and modification for continuous business improvement
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: FPL Energy Services, Inc Location: West Palm Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs