NextEra Energy Associate Drone Pilot in West Palm Beach, Florida
Associate Drone Pilot
Date:Feb 19, 2021
Primary Location:West Palm Beach, FL, US, 33407
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 51100
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description As an Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Operator for our 55lb UAS program, you will be part of the FPLAir group. This team currently manages six Percepto drone-a-box solutions and multiple UAS’s that range from DJI, Parrott, Sky Ranger, Ebee, and Harris. You will primarily fly our Percepto Drone-in-a-box UAS for our FAA program.
This will be a 3-year project bound position mainly located in Jupiter, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The UAS Pilot is responsible for safety during all phases of flight
- Assuring the aircraft meets airworthiness specifications before operation
- Can analyze weather and hazards pertaining to the intended flight path
- Create and update documentation as it pertains to the flight operation
- 20-25% travel throughout FPL territories depending on internal customer flight requests
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in a related field
- PT 107 Certificate
- Prior experience with small and large UAS, including quadcopter and fixed-wing
- Ability to pilot the aircraft in both autonomous and full manual flight modes
- Basic proficiency in the operations of networks and communications systems including both hardware and software
- Four (4) years experience in aviation or UAS operations
- Experience in the following sensors:
- BVLOS Operations in uncontrolled airspace
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in the field
- LIDAR Processing experience
- Private Pilots License (Part 61 or 141) with concurrent medical
Apply now and join us!
Employees in this role provide technical direction on business unit projects and/or project participants. Individuals plan, coordinate, and complete complex or long term projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains thorough knowledge of new developments and/or technology pertaining to projects
- Monitors and recommends changes for improvement
- Communicates with internal and external customers
- Provides project progress updates to internal and external customers
- Prepares and processes required agreements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 0+ years
- Master’s Degree
- Master’s - Engineering
- Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Project Management Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: West Palm Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs