Ameren Engineer in West Alton, Missouri
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
The Engineer provides engineering support in all phases of maintenance, operations, design, and modifications at all Ameren Energy Centers.
Key responsibilities include:
· Perform engineering studies to improve Energy Center reliability, performance, efficiency, and safety.
· Perform field inspections, monitor operation, provide preventive maintenance recommendations, and provide information to optimize maintenance activities on assigned equipment.
· Implement various codes and standards to assure Energy Center is in compliance with local, state, and federal government regulations.
· Utilize Energy Center and outside resources as the System Owner for assigned equipment to implement continuous improvement.
· Optimize reliability and cost through the use of predictive technologies, PI system (Plant Information Monitoring and Data Storage System) industry associations and Energy Center personnel resources.
· Actively support various programs such as Plant Reliability Optimization (PRO) and the Corrective Action Program (CAP).
· Follow and support Design Control and other Quality Management System policies and procedures.
· Responsible for development of engineering solutions, estimates of cost and schedule, maintenance and repair specifications, in coordination and liaison with operating and maintenance groups at the Energy Centers.
· Responsible for the preparation of required reports, job requisitions, work orders, and other documents; maintenance of records; and revision of drawings.
· Implement Computer technologies to use Energy Center facilities in the most cost-effective manner.
· Interact with assigned system related vendors and other groups within Ameren Company.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable engineering discipline from an accredited college or university required. Energy Center experience preferred. Distributed control system and/or programmable logic control experience will be considered a plus for potential job candidates.
*Technical career path level depends upon applicant’s credentials.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Good analytical, human relations, written and oral communication skills, and computer experience required. Ability to work overtime and take off-hour call-outs as necessary in order to support Energy Center operations is required. Travel between energy centers across Missouri and the Power Operations Services office in the St. Louis area required.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
Our workforce is dedicated to keeping the lights on and the gas flowing – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That same kind of dedication and longstanding commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion has helped us build an "All-In" supportive and accepting diverse culture where opinions are shared in an environment where all are respected and the best solutions are put into action.
Our vision is "Leading the Way to a Sustainable Energy Future" and our mission is "To Power the Quality of Life." Our company values include safety and security, integrity, respect, diversity equity and inclusion, accountability, stewardship, teamwork and a commitment to excellence. Our "All-In" culture reflects how we care, serve with passion, deliver for customers, communities and shareholders and win together.
Ameren's co-workers spend thousands of hours each year giving back to their communities. The company supports their donations of time through a Dollars for Doers program and also offers a Matching Grant program for donations made to postsecondary schools.
Ameren has an unwavering commitment to sustainability. That includes how we perform as a steward of the environment, how we manage our relationships with customers, communities and workforce and provide robust governance and oversight of our practices. We are committed to clean energy. The company has established a net-zero carbon emissions goal by 2045 across all its operations in Missouri and Illinois. In addition, Ameren laid out plans for its largest-ever expansion of clean wind and solar generation that maintains the reliability and affordability that customers have come to expect. Interim carbon emissions goals include a 50% reduction by 2030 and an 85% reduction by 2040, from 2005 levels.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution services, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois operates a rate-regulated electric transmission business in the Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc. For more information, visit Ameren.com (https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=3228409-1&h=4163191186&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ameren.com%2F&a=Ameren.com) , or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp , Facebook.com/AmerenCorp , or LinkedIn.com/company/Ameren .
Ameren is committed to equal employment opportunities and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by applicable law.