WEC Energy Group Work Methods & Development Consultant in West Allis, Wisconsin
6272BRJob Title:Work Methods & Development ConsultantRequisition Number:6272BRTitle:Work Methods & Development ConsultantLocation(s):WI - West AllisCompany(s):We Energies Summary:
We Energies, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking a Work Methods and Development Consultant in our West Allis, WI location.
The Work Methods and Development Consultant is responsible for the design and delivery of training programs in one or more of the following areas: Electric Operations, Gas Operations and/or Customer Care Center areas. Identifies learning needs and develop and implement training solutions Develops and updates training documentation as needed to ensure compliance with regulations, meet safety and operational needs and meets or exceeds industry standards. Utilizes knowledge of adult learning theory to develop and deliver technical and non-technical training using multiple medium. Participate in safety and operator qualifications activities and/or performance investigations. Manages design and development projects from initial contact through completion.
• Apply an understanding of the business unit operations, needs, and goals for designing training programs.
• Maintain and administer, develop and deliver Electric or Gas Operations Work Methods/Procedures development, editing and publication to align with regulations, safety and operational needs and industry standards and procedures, i.e. Written DOT Operator Qualifications, PHMSA, OSHA Qualifications, Company knowledge base, etc.
• Perform needs analysis to identify the knowledge and skill requirements of technical jobs, tasks, and roles.
• Consider implications and consequences from changes to business processes and systems to determine appropriate actions.
• Gather information from a variety of sources, managers, operations supervisors, subject-matter experts, and company and regulatory policies and procedures to support development and maintenance of work methods and procedures.
• Manage design and development projects from initial contact and identification of need through the implementation of a solution to achieve agreed upon results.
• Stay aware of current developments and trends in all relevant technical/professional knowledge areas.
This is a job family posting and experience will be the determining factor.
• 2+ years experience in electric operations or relevant experience. In lieu of operations experience, a Bachelor’s Degree and or a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in teaching/training is required.
• Strong analysis, decision making and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple tasks under time constraints
• Proficient in standard office software (MS Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint)
• Field knowledge of overhead and underground electric construction and standards
• Experience working with project management methodology
• Working knowledge of adult learning practices
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers)
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers/equal-employment-opportunity.htm)