We Energies Engineer - Gas Operations in West Allis, Wisconsin
5836BRJob Title:Engineer - Gas OperationsRequisition Number:5836BRTitle:Engineer - Gas OperationsLocation(s):WI - West AllisCompany(s):We Energies Summary:
We Energies, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group is seeking an Engineer for the Gas Operations group in our West Allis, WI location.
• Approve the design of gas mains, services and related distribution facilities and prepare construction estimates.
• Ensure that the distribution system is designed and operated in compliance with State and Federal codes and the State of Wisconsin Transportation 220 Statute.
• Coordinate state work plans and review prior to submittal.
• Develop preliminary design and layout of major projects.
• Ensure that all proposed construction is consistent with department and overall company objectives, and prepare reports and/or presentations to justify recommendations as required.
• Provide daily engineering analysis for non-routine distribution system operating problems.
• Determine appropriate emergency on-call response and direct personnel to take necessary action.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. Skills in civil and mechanical engineering are preferred.
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, and the ability to lead and direct others.
• Knowledge of computer systems and the ability to use a variety of office and engineering software is required.
• Candidates must be willing to travel to other plant sites and be willing to be called in during off hours if a problem arises.
• Applicants must possess a valid driver's license.
• Experience in construction and field practices as well as design, operation and maintenance/repair of gas distribution facilities is desirable.
• Knowledge of planning and capital budgeting preferred.
• A professional engineering license in the state of Wisconsin is desirable.
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements