Southern Company TFIN Engineer (Plant Vogtle 3&4) in Waynesboro, Georgia
TFIN Engineer (Plant Vogtle 3&4)
ABOUT SOUTHERN NUCLEAR:
It's an exciting time to be part of our growing organization. Southern Nuclear, headquartered in Birmingham, AL, operates Southern Company's six nuclear reactors at three locations in Georgia and Alabama: two reactors at Plant Vogtle, near Waynesboro, GA; two reactors at Plant Hatch, near Baxley, GA; and two reactors at Plant Farley, near Dothan, AL. In addition, construction is underway for two new reactors at our Plant Vogtle location. If a new and significant challenge is what you have been longing for, and if you are energized, positive, committed, and desiring to make a difference, then we are looking for YOU to join our team!
TFIN Engineer – Test Engineering Fix-it-Now Organization
This position will be responsible for engineering assignments to support day to day plant testing at Vogtle Units 3&4 located in Waynesboro, GA. Job responsibilities include solve and troubleshoot system, component, and/or instrumentation and controls problems, provide direct technical support for the Initial Test Program, operations, and maintenance.
• Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline from an ABET accredited college or university is required. An active PE license may be considered in place of an ABET degree. Engineering Technology degrees will not be accepted.
• An advanced degree and/or PE license is desired but not required.
• Additionally, Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license/certification, or equivalent Navy experience is a plus.
• A minimum of two (2) years of related technical experience troubleshooting equipment desired
• A minimum of two (2) years of related engineering experience desired
• Detailed Working knowledge of power plant components such as pumps, valves, breakers, etc desired.
• Previous Nuclear start-up testing experience is preferred
• Digital I&C system expertise and knowledge highly desired
• Knowledge and experience configuring and administering network infrastructure, modern operating systems, database applications, and other computing technologies is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Well organized and capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Working knowledge of plant systems, structures and components.
• Requires a self-starter
• Demonstrates an ability to work with others
• Computer literacy to operate comfortably among MSWord, Excel, Maximo
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills are highly desirable
• Must exhibit Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance, Total Commitment
• Must be a change agent, self-motivated and proactive
• Must demonstrate interest in the business challenge
• Proactive in problem identifications and resolution
• Must be a team player, have a willingness to take responsibility and a positive, enthusiastic attitude
• Works through conflicts to create win/win situations
• Respects the dignity and different views of every individual
• Assumes personal responsibility for individual and team success
• Must be able to hold self and others accountable for safe work behaviors
• Any applicant accepting this position will be required to meet the background and screening and NRC Fitness for Duty requirements.
• Any applicant accepting this position will be required to meet the physical requirements of the position.
* This job requires shift work and seven day a week coverage.
Please note: This position may require the successful completion of the SNC Initial Engineering Training as a condition of continued employment. The training is approximately 5 weeks long and is a rigorous period that may require studying after work hours.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com at http://www.southerncompany.com/ .
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-East Georgia-Waynesboro
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Vogtle 3 & 4 - 7825 River Road (7825WAYNESBORO)
7825 River Road
Req ID: SNC2005584
- Southern Company Jobs