Southern Company Engineer (Mech/Civil- Design) - Plant Vogtle 1&2 in Waynesboro, Georgia
Engineer (Mech/Civil- Design) - Plant Vogtle 1&2
Mechanical/Civil Design Engineer – Central Design Organization – Plant Vogtle 1&2
Summary of Position Duties:
• Create Design Change Packages and supporting documentation.
• Prepare and review HVAC calculations, fluid flow calculations, and other associated calculations.
• Provide technical oversight for design modifications.
• Conduct site walk downs, and review design modifications for constructability.
• Support cost estimates, and scoping of future design modifications.
• Ensure design drawings and calculations are updated after completion of a design modification.
• Present design changes at various meetings.
• Create purchase orders and verify materials received.
• Coordinate and write test procedures, as needed.
• Manage design scope, schedule, and budget to meet fleet objectives.
• Coordinate with stakeholders and vendors associated with modifications.
• Provide input for/attend post-project evaluation/lessons learned meetings.
• Solve challenging technical issues.
• Perform engineering duty and emergency response duty as required.
• Other duties as required.
The position will be filled at an exempt level commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
• ABET accredited Bachelor of Science in Engineering or PE license required.
• Nuclear design modifications experience is preferred.
• Construction planning, scheduling and implementation experience preferred.
• Project management/oversight experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of mechanical or structural design codes and requirements is desired.
•Proven organizational skills with ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously is desired.
• Makes principled, data-based decisions that take critical factors into account.
• Works through conflicts to create win/win situations.
• Holds self accountable for superior results.
• Works well as contributing member of a team.
• Respects the dignity of every individual and different viewpoints.
• Assumes personal responsibility for individual success.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Working knowledge of design processes and configuration is preferred.
• Working knowledge of the applicable discipline codes and standards is preferred.
• Working knowledge of PWR systems, structures and components is preferred.
• Working knowledge of nuclear power plant design and systems is preferred.
• Working knowledge of PROTO-Flo, or GT STRUDL or similar is preferred.
The successful candidate must meet background screening and NRC Fitness for Duty requirements. Selected candidate must be willing to relocate within one hour of the SNC Emergency Operations Facility for emergency response availability.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com .
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-East Georgia-Waynesboro
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Vogtle - 7821 River Road (7821WAYNESBORO)
7821 River Road
Req ID: SNC2006304
- Southern Company Jobs