Eversource Energy Scheduler Planner in Waterford, Connecticut
Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the Electric/Transmission field workload through accurate forecasting, staffing calculations, scheduling and management reports. Creates, maintains and upgrades short and long-term staffing models and trending forecasts to improve the efficiency of the Electric/Transmission Operations area. Prepares work schedules for district operations through analysis of projected workload, resource requirements and prescribed time frames. Ensures that work plans and schedules facilitate timely and cost-effective completion of all capital workload including new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, and maintenance and construction.
- Generates district work plans and schedules that ensure resources are available to meet workload demands. Provides contingency plans to rebalance workload.
- Monitors current and future workload to ensure district plans and schedules maximize productivity, controls costs and meets or exceeds service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Creates and maintains accurate short and long-term forecasting and staffing models that ensure the effective utilization of distribution resources.
- Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects.
- Works with Compliance Coordinators to distribute district compliance and mandated program work.
- Ensures that all projects are executed and closed out in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner and according to Company policy.
- Develops time and cost schedules for district management through analysis of survey statistics and productivity information.
- Prepares weekly and monthly workload status reports for management.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling daily work assignments for Electric/Transmission departments, as designated
- Ensures that work-plans and schedules facilitate timely and cost-effective completion of all capital workload including new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, and maintenance and construction.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to achieve company’s strategies and goals.
- Ensures that area resources are available to meet work demands; responsible for scheduling all work in the order of priority that will ensure compliance deadlines and customer needs are fully met.
- Responsible for scheduling daily work assignments in a manner that optimizes crew productivity and minimizes overtime expenditures.
- Organizes and facilitates weekly planning meetings with Operating department personnel; weekly communication of the work plan to Operating department personnel; daily monitoring of actual work completed compared to the work plan.
- Prepares the weekly/annual construction schedule utilizing scheduling software such as Primavera.
- Assists with district liaison activities with local and municipal officials.
- Resolves customer issues and concerns as required.
- Must possess excellent multi-tasking skills, be detail oriented, meet expectations of multiple organizations and possess the ability to understand goal-driven deliverables.
- Requires the ability to either take or recommend the necessary actions to ensure that goals and targets are achieved.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals (peers and superiors) toward goal achievement; modify behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
- Working knowledge of distribution maintenance, distribution construction, testing, distribution/transmission operations and work management principles is required.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and Eversource safety rules is also highly desirable.
- Requires a working knowledge of work management systems and scheduling techniques. Experience with Primavera, MS Project, MS Access, and Safran is highly desirable.
- Project and schedule management skills, including knowledge of scheduling tool, Primavera 8 or better or later
- Knowledge of Construction Principles and Practices, Operations, Maintenance, Safety Standards and Business Processes.
- Requires working knowledge of labor contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience
Licenses & Certifications:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $85,010.00 to $94,450.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs