Dominion Energy Nuclear Instrument Technician II in WATERFORD, Connecticut
Nuclear Instrument Technician II
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
This is the second level in a three level job series.
Candidates will only be considered for the position level to which they apply. In order to be considered for other levels, you must apply directly to the job posting for that level.
This position is pending availability of a vacancy.
The Nuclear Instrument Technician II works under the direction of a Supervisor or Senior Technician and performs maintenance and calibration activities, including performing work activities in both a shop and field environment in normal and radiological areas of the plant. Work activities are related to maintenance, installation, calibration, maintenance and testing of safety related-equipment associated with electrical, mechanical, and instrumentation & control systems.
Job responsibilities include:
Completes the following activities independently and or, for more complex tasks, under direction of a lead or supervisor depending on qualifications:
• Actively involved in completing scheduled work activities such as preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, calibrations and troubleshooting.
• Completes maintenance and calibration of major instrumentation and control associated with reactor protection and turbine control in addition to other important safety related equipment.
• Works on both analog and digital control systems and includes maintenance on microprocessor, electronic and pneumatic instrumentation and control systems including pressure, temperature and flow sensors and associated alarm circuits.
• Corrects anomalous operation of control and protection systems through the use of computer traces and trends, data obtained using sophisticated test equipment and fundamental and advanced investigative techniques.
• Accurately completes documentation associated with assigned job tasks and complies with all regulatory and site procedures and policies, including Site Emergency Plan and technical Specifications.
• Complies with and demonstrates working knowledge of Work Management processes, Equipment Clearances (safety tagging), Radiological Work Permits associated with department maintenance work assignments, and safety regulations, policies and practices.
• Works with other departments with performing maintenance, calibrations, testing of equipment and control loops, and troubleshooting on systems and equipment, including the reactor containment and other radiological areas, during all modes of plant operation.
• Uses industry accepted human performance practices to promote error free performance and coaches others to raise standards and expectations.
• Supports Engineers in the conduct data collection and testing.
• As necessary, performs circuit board component level repair and calibration.
• Assists with plant design changes and modification, both electrically and mechanically, for new or upgraded instrumentation and controls.
• Satisfactorily completes the initial training requirements and on-the-job training and evaluation requirements identified in the Nuclear Instrument Technician Training Program as accredited by the National Academy for Nuclear Training.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
Candidates must meet one of the following:
Successfully completed the Naval Nuclear Propulsion training program and possess a minimum of 6 years of experience (hands on experience in the field/fleet) in the following discipline; Nuclear Electronics Technician (ET)
Possess 6 years or more industrial experience in a directly related field (ex. Instrument & Controls, electronics, etc). Military electronic experience in any Armed Force Services is preferred.
Successfully completed the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Training program and possess a minimum of 6 years combined Navy Nuclear Electronics Technician and Industrial experience in a directly related field (ex. Instrument & Controls, electronics, etc).
• Demonstrated detailed knowledge of and ability to apply safety regulations, policies, and practices.
• Must be physically able and willing to utilize respirators, SCBA bottles, fall protection or other equipment essential to the requirements of maintaining a Nuclear Power Plant including making containment entries.
• Must be able to and willing to work at varying elevations, confined quarters and radiological areas of the plant.
• Must have the physical ability to carry a minimum of 50 pounds tooling, test equipment, and plant equipment.
Associate Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education.
Preferred Discipline: Instrumentation Technology
Other disciplines may be substituted for the preferred discipline(s) listed above
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Must possess minimum qualifications and experience as defined in ANSI Standard 3.1 Section 4.5.2 for Surry and North Anna positions. Must possess minimum qualifications and experience as defined in ANSI Standard N18.1 at Millstone
Operating Machinery 26-50%
Radiation Up to 25%
Travel Up to 25%
Other Working Conditions
This job requires recommended test results from the EEI Power Plant Maintenance Selection System (MASS) aptitude test, administered on site during the pre-employment process. To view the practice test, cut and paste the following URL in your browser, https://careers.dominionenergy.com/content/Pre-Employment-Testing/ (Millstone Power Station)
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Top 3 Reasons to Work at Dominion Energy
1. Great Work Life Balance
2. Generous Pay and Benefits
3. Collaborative & Inclusive Culture
About Dominion Energy
I am your warm cup of coffee in the morning and I light your home at night. I am the cool breeze from your A/C on the hottest day in summer, and the red coil that heats your soup pot on a frigid winter’s day. I am sustainable, reliable and affordable.
I am not just any energy… I am Dominion Energy.
We're transforming the way we do business to build a more sustainable future for the planet, our customers, our team and our industry. We're shaping the future of energy in America.
·Headquarters: Richmond, VA
·16 states in the US
·$100 billion of assets
·Nearly $35 million in charitable contributions
·100,000+ volunteer hours recorded in the community
Nearest Major Market: Hanover
Nearest Secondary Market: Chesterfield
Job Segment: Technician, Nuclear, Electrical, Power Plant Operator, Instrumentation, Technology, Energy, Engineering
- Dominion Energy Jobs