Dominion Energy Nuclear Electrician I in WATERFORD, Connecticut
Nuclear Electrician I
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
Millstone Power Station in Waterford, CT is seeking entry level Nuclear Electricians to join the Nuclear Maintenance Team.
This is the first level in a three level job series. Candidates will only be considered for the position level to which they apply. In order to be considered for other levels, you must apply directly to the job posting for that level.
This position is pending availability of a vacancy.
This is the entry level in a progressive job series responsible for performing electrical work assignments associated with learning the electrician position in construction, installation and maintenance of machinery and equipment at the station.
Nuclear Electrician responsibilities include:
• Assists in locating routine faults on electrical installations.
• Assists in the installation, operation and maintenance of electrical equipment.
• Cleans, paints, maintains and repairs electrical equipment, parts and sub-assemblies.
• Uses basic shop equipment for simple operations.
• Assists in cleaning, maintaining and verifying operation of certain circuit breakers as assigned.
• Maintains and repairs test equipment, tools and construction equipment.
• Assists in the operations of crane and hoists, and performs routine rigging required in the work.
• Assists in performing various electrical inspections and tests, and reports conditions found; routine alignment of motors and related equipment.
• Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
Possess a minimum of 3 years Naval Nuclear experience in the following discipline; Electrician Mate (EM) which includes successful completion of the Naval Nuclear Propulsion training program.
Possess 3 years or more of electrical experience; nuclear industry experience is preferred.
• Must be able to perform the responsibilities and tasks of the position to accurately read, interpret, and comply with company/department procedures, provide attention to detail, and to minimize errors.
• Must be capable of working with mechanical tools and able to learn the plant systems and their functions pertinent to plant administrative requirements.
• Must also be able to investigate, analyze data, and repair problem electrical equipment in accordance with established procedures.
• Position requires maintaining unescorted plant access qualification, maintaining enclosed volume and radiation worker qualifications, and supporting non-core work schedules (night shift) to support the needs of the plant.
• Individual must be able to meet the physical job requirements of this position and support the department's shop on-call responsibilities.
High School Graduate or GED
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
For Millstone - must meet ANSI N18.1 - 1971, Section 4.5.3
Confined spaces Up to 25%
Dust / Grease / Oil 51-75%
Energized Wires Up to 25%
Fumes Up to 25%
Heat Up to 25%
Loud Noise 51-75%
Office Work Environment Up to 25%
Operating Machinery Up to 25%
Outdoors Up to 25%
Pressurized Lines & Valves 26-50%
Radiation Up to 25%
Travel Up to 25%
Other Working Conditions
This job requires recommended test results from the EEI Power Plant Maintenance Selection System (MASS) aptitude test, administered on site during the pre-employment process.To view the practice test, cut and paste the following URL in your browser, https://careers.dominionenergy.com/content/Pre-Employment-Testing/
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Top 3 Reasons to Apply1. We Value Team Work2. Generous Pay and Benefits3. Safe Work Environment
About Dominion EnergyI am your warm cup of coffee in the morning and I light your home at night. I am the cool breeze from your A/C on the hottest day in summer, and the red coil that heats your soup pot on a frigid winter’s day. I am sustainable, reliable and affordable. I am not just any energy… I am Dominion Energy. We're transforming the way we do business to build a more sustainable future for the planet, our customers, our team and our industry. We're shaping the future of energy in America. Join us!
Facts:·21,000 employees·Headquarters: Richmond, VA·16 states in the US·$100 billion of assets·Nearly $35 million in charitable contributions·100,000+ volunteer hours recorded in the community
Nearest Major Market:HanoverNearest Secondary Market:ChesterfieldJob Segment:Nuclear, Electrical, Electrician, Night, Power Plant Operator, Energy, Engineering, Operations
Check out other featured jobs:
- Dominion Energy Jobs