Eversource Energy Manager-Substation Operations in Waterford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for all aspects of the maintenance of electrical equipment and distribution substations within an assigned geographic area. Responsible for completion of inspection, test, and maintenance programs as well as for environmental compliance pertaining to energy delivery properties, facilities and equipment in the assigned area.
- Manages the performance of maintenance of assigned assets according to prescribed schedules and methods; ensures all activities are performed in a timely, effective, and cost-efficient manner.
- Participates in establishing Reliability Centered Maintenance (“RCM”) methods and initiatives and manages the tactical application of RCM in the division. Participates in repair versus replace (i.e., O&M versus capital) decisions.
- Ensures compliance with environmental programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitors key performance indicators (KPI’s), identifies trends, and takes appropriate actions within his/her jurisdiction, and/or effectively recommends actions to improve performance across the entire Maintenance Process.
- Promotes teamwork among and between all members of the organization in his/her jurisdiction and other internal groups.
- Develops employees using performance management, coaching, and, as appropriate, rotational assignments. Effectively promotes a continuous learning environment and encourages employees to pursue internal and external learning opportunities.
- Directs safety awareness and compliance initiatives within the division, and monitors safety performance. Champions efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and procedures, and safety performance.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable work practices and procedures and safety requirements
- Detailed knowledge of energy delivery power system maintenance and operation
- Human resource management and business planning skills
- Working knowledge of information technology and the use of Eversource’s office automation and information systems
- Bachelor’s degree in business or an applied science or equivalent experience
- Ten (10) to twelve to (12) years of related substation experience is required
- Experience in energy delivery is preferred
- Supervisory experience is also preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work may be conducted outside, in varied conditions and terrain including adverse weather conditions, and in a normal office environment which requires sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing and completion of paperwork.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs