Eversource Energy Construction Technician B in Waterford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN B
Plans and performs a variety of office-based assignments associated with the installation and replacement of Yankee Gas facilities. Acts as support working with the Construction Technician A
assigned to the request to design, communicate, and follow up on installations or replacements of gas facilities. Duties as a secondary for technical field activities in conjunction with a Construction Technician
- Prepare cost estimates, prepare work requests, material requisitions, and submit necessary permit applications for all planned construction and maintenance work.
- Input design information into appropriate systems based on provided field data.
- Ensure customer meter sets are complete to assure accounts are established and initial bill is rendered in a timely manner.
- Document statuses within the appropriate systems based on the associated business processes.
- Act as customer’s secondary contact for installation and replacement of gas facilities. Provide support in fielding and directing customer-based inquiries or complaints regarding their gas facility installation or replacement. Coordinates communications with associated departments as needed.
- Assist with compiling necessary paperwork for the installation or replacement of gas facilities.
- Participates in the instruction of new and less experienced Construction Technicians in job techniques, methods and procedures.
- Plan, design, and layout installations or replacement of gas facilities including performing CBYD pre-mark.
- Initiate contact and perform site meetings with appropriate internal and external parties to review design and process.
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent plus one of the following, with preference given in the following order and those candidates that meet the most criteria—
- 6 years Gas Operations experience
- Company approved gas certification program (ie. Middlesex Natural Gas Field Technician)
- Associates Degree or higher in a related field (ie. engineering, construction, business, etc.)
- 2 years related technical training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have the ability to plan and perform a variety of technical assignments associated with the installation and replacement of Yankee Gas facilities. Must have a working knowledge of engineering construction and maintenance policies, procedures and practices as related the natural gas industry. Must have a thorough knowledge of applicable State and Federal government codes and regulations affecting a gas distribution company. Must have a working knowledge of accounting and business practices. Must possess a working knowledge of and ability to operate a computer and utilize computer applications. Must possess knowledge
of environmental requirements as they affect operational activities. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and administrative abilities. Must possess independent decision-making capabilities. Must have the ability to successfully complete the TMP (Time Merit Progression) training.
Primarily office based; preplanned field responsibilities will have exposure to high noise levels, traffic, construction site hazard, and hazard on customers’ properties.
This is a safety sensitive position and subject to random drug testing. Federal Operator Qualifications rules apply.
This position is being simultaneously posted internally and externally. First consideration will be given to individuals with contractual rights to the position.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume with their application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs