Eversource Energy Supervisor, Gas Supply Instrumentation & Regulation in Waterbury, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
This position contributes to providing a reliable and continuous supply of natural gas to customers while ensuring the safety and well-being of customers and employees by supervising activities of Gas Supply Instrumentation and Regulation personnel in multiple geographic areas. Ensures achievement of goals and objectives consistent with the Company direction.
2. Essential Functions:
- Supervises area instrumentation and regulation activities consistent with Company standards and policies. Provides leadership, communication and direction for the respective area workforce.
- Responsible for standardization of work practices and procedures.
- Conducts safety and technical training programs for field personnel.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules the installation, repair and calibration of field instrumentation and regulation in accordance with state, federal and industry codes.
- Administers the Company’s natural gas odorization programs.
- Assumes on-call supervisory assignments as required.
- Will have storm duty assignment.
- Requires a high degree of technical knowledge in the area of instrumentation and regulation
- Thorough understanding of Instrumentation and Regulation field operations
- Requires superior organizational project planning and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years related experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Massachusetts Driver’s License
This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Work is performed primarily in a field environment which requires visits to job sites daily and spending time driving to different geographic locations.
Job may require physical work if necessary.
Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs