Eversource Energy Supervisor, Field Engineering in Waterbury, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for the proper, safe, and efficient completion of engineering assignments and the supervision of engineers and technicians engaged in large engineering projects or small projects with complex features. Provides leadership for all field aspects of construction and maintenance relay testing and protection & control scheme testing on T&D substation equipment. Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of project and activities and assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products, and equipment.
- Plans and directs tests associated with the Eversource Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Analyzes and interprets electric test results on equipment, protection devices and control systems, etc.; recommends the course of corrective action to be taken.
- Provide technical expertise to projects groups for outage coordination and resource management and to Engineering regarding work sequencing and technical design & implementation.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to safe practices by performing field safety audits, conducting department safety meetings, carrying out incident analyses and generating incident reports.
- Interfaces with external contractors, suppliers, other utilities and the ISO
- Sets clear expectations and provides ongoing feedback to employees regarding their performance. Effectively addresses performance issues. Conducts comprehensive performance reviews (per applicable bargaining unit contract).
Responsible for the proper application of local union contracts and agreements. Works with managers and employees to resolve grievances and concerns in a timely and complete manner.
Directs safety awareness and compliance initiatives within the group, and monitors safety performance. Champions efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and procedures, and safety performance.
- Demonstrates and role models a customer-first attitude. Seeks to quickly resolve customer issues by collaborating with employees and other departments.
- Fulfills storm duty assignments and participates in on-call rotation as required.
Candidate should be knowledgeable in:
- Eversource operating procedures; switching & tagging
- Reading/interpreting schematic diagrams, blue prints and vendor instruction manuals
- Electrical utility maintenance, construction and testing
- Electric utility equipment including transformers, HV and MV circuit breakers, protective relays & devices, reclosers, switchgear, regulators, fuses, disconnects, arresters, and station batteries
- Electric utility protection and control functions
- Electric utility testing equipment and software
Education/Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or electrical technology or equivalent and 5 years of experience is required. Experience in transmission, distribution and power systems engineering experience is preferred. Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: Must hold a valid motor vehicle drivers’ license.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor