Exelon Sr. Advocacy Communications Specialist in WASHINGTON, District Of Columbia
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Advocacy Communications Specialist is responsible for planning and executing integrated campaigns focused on achieving the company's policy outcomes. The Specialist will work closely with internal teams from government affairs, corporate communications and others throughout Exelon's operating companies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1 Manage relationships with grassroots/grasstops coalitions in key states.
2 Write and review Op-Eds; Refine and approve social/digital media content related to state and federal campaigns.
3 Create and refine message maps focused on key policy priorities. Write concise, persuasive employee engagement emails, evaluate employee advocacy efforts and potential for optimization/scaling as needed.
4 Execute a variety of organizational tasks including:
· Manage daily media and social monitoring process for multiple state and federal campaigns
· Scheduling conference calls with large groups of internal and external participants
· Compiling daily and weekly reports for internal and executive audiences
· Maintaining campaign project trackers and budgets
· Preparing presentations for internal updates to cross-functional teams
· Curating an up-to-date database of key reporters, columnists and 3rd party influencers
· Creating briefing books for editorial board meetings and media interviews
· 4-year relevant degree and a minimum of 5 to 8 years’ experience in communications, campaign management or community/grassroots engagement.
· Proven, excellent communications skills – both written and interpersonal.
· Strong writer able to persuade and educate readers/stakeholders.
· Ability to manage multiple campaigns simultaneously while paying close attention to tactical details (task-oriented executer)
· Ability to work strategically and interface easily with senior business leaders and external audiences including community leaders, media, and stakeholders.
· Experience on a state or federal political campaign.
· Experience in news reporting or other journalistic endeavor.
· Energy business/industry knowledge
Organization: BSC Communications, Public Advocacy and Corporate Relations
Title: Sr. Advocacy Communications Specialist
Other Locations: US-DC-WASHINGTON
Requisition ID: 211749