Exelon Prin, Development Engineer in WASHINGTON, District Of Columbia
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
- Job Summary *
Identifies and develops large-scale energy services and energy asset projects for Federal and/or Regional customers. Provides technical and financial analysis of energy conservation and renewable energy measures for projects under consideration. Evaluates existing conditions and conceptualizes energy and cost saving opportunities at customer facilities. Leads multiple large and complex projects concurrently, manages activities of assigned engineers and consultants; formulates direction for technical solutions. Participates in the process of securing new customers by building business relationships. Assumes active role in the project development process – from Sales qualification through signed contract for implementation. Serves as a liaison with the Sales, Project Management and Performance Assurance teams.
Job Functions *
· Conducts energy audits and prepares written proposals for potential energy conservation upgrades, including detailed analyses of costs and savings.
· Develops preliminary designs and estimates of cost and energy savings for projects involving a variety of energy conservation measures at customer's facilities, by providing technical expertise and implementation recommendations to the customer.
· Concurrently leads multiple development efforts for large and complex projects working with a team of engineers and consultants.
· Provides leadership and mentoring when working on projects with less experienced co-workers; reviews work product of engineers.
· Supports Sales team in developing and presenting proposals and contracts to customers for energy conservation projects.
· Implements company project control processes to develop projects in accordance with established cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
· Provides periodic reports to leaders on project status and/or performance.
· Coordinates project turnover with Project Management.
· Demonstrates leadership in the area of safety. This requires observing and enforcing safety rules and practices, encouraging safe work behaviors, and promptly correcting conditions and unsafe behaviors, which may lead to accidents.
Physical & Environmental Requirements *
· Requires substantial time at various projects locations.
· Requires frequent (25%) overnight travel to customer facilities, may include auto, air, rail travel.
· Move autonomously, walking and standing for long periods, hearing, seeing, reading, and writing.
· Work independently and with people, speaking in front of groups and with individuals, customers, management, engineers, subcontractors, manufacturers, and suppliers, etc.
· Work both indoors and outdoors, in hot or cold conditions, and around construction project sites.
Technical/Job Skill Qualifications –The candidate must meet the following minimum qualifications and have demonstrated the following technical or job skills:
· Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in engineering and/or business related discipline and 8 to 15 years of relevant work experience in the evaluation and implementation of energy conservation projects with technical solutions at customer site locations.
· Professional Engineering (PE) registration, Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or LEED Accreditation preferred.
· Knowledge and demonstrated ability to develop complex energy conservation projects.
· Extensive experience working with and developing projects for Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC) and Utility Energy Savings Contracts (UESC).
· Detailed knowledge of the Federal Energy Management Program’s (FEMP) measurement and verification (M&V) protocol and the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP)
· Experience writing M&V plans and performing site-specific measurements to support the plan.
· Detailed knowledge of heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC), electrical systems, building automation systems and process related systems in commercial, industrial, governmental, and hospital buildings.
· Knowledge and experience in the development of customer proposals, vendor agreements, and subcontractor contracts.
· Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, life cycle cost analyses.
· Experience in customer presentations, including excellent writing skills.
· Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency on the use of computer-based applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and project database applications.
· Ability to work in a diverse environment (internal/external).
· Effective leadership skills.
· Must possess valid driver's license.
· May be subject to government security investigation.
· If required, must meet eligibility requirements for access to government facilities.
Performance Skills –The candidate must have demonstrated the following performance skills:
· /Customer Focus: /Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; prioritize customer needs./ /
· /Relationship Management: /Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns, build and maintain long term associations based on trust; help others.
· /Negotiation:/Able to obtain agreement from multiple parties; earn trust while working out a deal; use good timing and carefully calculated strategies when bargaining; communicate high value of services; identify hidden agendas that might interfere with resolutions of terms.
· /Team Work: Must/have the ability to interface effectively with all parties involved in the project, including clients, sales force, vendors, contractors, co-workers, and corporate management.
· /Planning, Prioritizing, and Goal Setting:/ Able to prepare for emerging customer needs; manage multiple projects; use goals to guide actions and create detailed actions plans; organize and schedule people and tasks.
· /Quality:/Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines, establishing high standards and measures.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Organization: Generation Constellation - Retail
Title: Prin, Development Engineer
Other Locations: US-ME-PRESQUE ISLE, US-MD-BALTIMORE, US-PA-PHILADELPHIA, US-DC-WASHINGTON
Requisition ID: 211999