Washington Gas Light Co. Manager, Misc. Receivables, Reconciliations & Regulatory Compliance in Washington, District Of Columbia
Manages the monthly activities of the Misc. Receivables, Reconciliations & Regulatory Compliance
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Manages the work of the Current Asset Management staffs, including hiring, evaluating, training, performance management, compensating, motivating, coaching, and developing goals and procedures to ensure the achievement of goals.
• Manages the formulation and updating of Finance-related policies and procedures.
• Leads the Current Asset Management staff in preparation of regulatory related filings, including management reporting and analysis, business processes and finance support. Rate Case responses, the Cost Allocation Manual preparation, and FERC Forms 2, 2A, and 3Q, among others.
• Primary contact for any cost allocation related audits/procedures.
• Works with cross-functional teams to analyze and implement the accounting and reporting for new business transactions.
• Executes the tactical strategies within the area, including identification, design and implementation of improvements in policies, processes and systems.
• Coordinates and reviews all journal entries, account balance reconciliations, billing, payments, SEC request, unclaimed property reporting and other ad-hoc requests.
• Leads the team responsible for the miscellaneous billing and revenue cycles
• Manages coordination with the cash receipts department, credit and collections and construction engineers for miscellaneous billing and payment activities.
• Manages relationships with internal and external customers to include internal audit, construction (relocation and damage billing), all AltaGas subsidiaries, energy accounting, property plant and equipment, customer service, external auditors and state agencies.
• Provides financial responses to inquiries by senior management, other business units, and internal and external auditors.
• Demonstrates ability to understand the potential application of new and existing technology to solve business problems and enhance service to customers.
• Demonstrates ability to effectively evaluate multiple scenarios and to implement effective solutions to broadly defined business problems.
• Logically and concisely present diverse ideas verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrate excellent problem solving ability, especially when working under tight deadlines.
• Establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, subordinates and peers.
• Direct and supervise a diverse staff that has significant competition for resources and ongoing pressure for commitments to deadlines without compromising integrity of the work product.
• Meet numerous internal and external deadlines often under tight time constraints.
• Present diverse ideas logically and concisely both verbally and in writing.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field
• Master's Degree in Accounting or a related field may be substituted for two years of required work experience
• Minimum seven (7) years in accounting function
• Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience
• Demonstrated extensive knowledge of GAAP and the ability to interpret and apply relevant accounting guidance to specific business transactions or events.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office and advanced functions in Excel, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
• Working knowledge of Consolidation of multiple entities to produce consolidated Financial Statements. Understanding of Cost allocation concepts and identifying any areas for improvement/change as per business and regulatory requirements.
• CPA License
• Technical Accounting experience
• Public Accounting Firm experience
• Proven working knowledge of PeopleSoft or other ERP system, including reporting tools, experience
• Working knowledge of the FERC uniform system of accounts and specific GAAP requirements unique to regulated utilities
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL Holdings, Inc. is a public utility holding company and the parent company of WGL, a diversified energy business that provides natural gas, electricity, green power, carbon reduction and energy services. Our calling as a company is to make energy surprisingly easy - for our employees, for our community and for all our customers. WGL and its affiliates are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status. sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.