Washington Gas Light Co. Hyperion Systems Program Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Manages administration of Oracle/Hyperion Planning application used in delivery of Budget and Forecast. Responsibilities include ongoing maintenance and support of all related systems. Provides system support to all areas of Finance, including direct technical and functional application support where appropriate, performs data analysis and serves as the primary interface between Finance and Information Technology Services (ITS) organization (retained and outsourced).
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Manage ongoing maintenance and administration of all System components, including the Financial, Strategic Modeling, Workforce and Capital frameworks of EPBCS, including system configuration management, data integrity management, form development and maintenance.
• Support the technical aspects of our System such as integration with source systems using Data Management and EPM Automate, managing monthly data loads, data validation and other month end close activities, user provisioning, development and maintenance of calculation scripts, data loading, optimization, automation and backup/restore; user experience support including problem resolution and troubleshooting, support testing activities, management of System documentation, etc.
• Serve as Financial Reporting Lead - assist FP&A users with development of corporate reporting inventory; champion reporting process improvements by assessing and developing opportunities to eliminate manual processes. Manage Budget/Forecast process flows within EPM application; ensure process flows comply with desired FP&A timelines, cutoffs, and versioning;
• Understanding of best practices for business processes and technology - Provide support to the Sr. Manager, FP&A during technology upgrade reviews and implementation by recommending and/or executing project strategies, integration activities, testing plans and scripts, development work, training methods and completing project deliverables.
• Execute activities associated with the documentation, integration and implementation of technology applications. Develop test conditions and organize system and integration testing for system activities as well as dependencies with supporting systems.
• Deliver training on processes, application functionality and various reporting to numerous functional areas, including onboarding and training of new users.
• Develop and maintain a change control process including, but not necessarily limited to, development of procedures, development of test procedures, and development of migration path strategy as well as documenting all changes.
• Maintain security procedures for financial reports by developing and maintaining a secure environment, developing and maintaining the process for requesting access and conducting a periodic audit of access.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor's Degree Computer Science required
• Master's Degree Computer Science preferred
• 7+ Years Professional Experience required
• 4+ Years related application administrative experience with Hyperion products (Planning, Essbase, FDM and SmartView) required
• Working experiences as a Hyperion administrator in Planning and ESSBASE
• Oracle Shared Services and Life Cycle Management experience
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
• Excellent documentation skills
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL Holdings, Inc. is a public utility holding company and the parent company of WGL, a diversified energy business that provides natural gas, electricity, green power, carbon reduction and energy services. Our calling as a company is to make energy surprisingly easy - for our employees, for our community and for all our customers. WGL and its affiliates are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status. sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.