Eversource Energy Supervisor, Materials Logistics in Waltham, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
I this role you will, Lead, direct, and supervise Eversource represented and non-represented employees and contractors engaged in the receipt, control and delivery of materials and equipment to the operating areas. You will be responsible for the control of the Company’s inventory and accountable for ensuring the proper records of all transactions affecting these assets. This supervisory position is also responsible for prioritizing work and schedules to ensure commitments to the operating areas are met. The Materials Logistics Supervisor position ensures work practices meet Company, regulatory and safety standards.
- Provides leadership and supervises assigned staff to coordinate warehousing, trucking, crane operation and other activities to ensure the receipt, control and delivery of materials and equipment. Work expectations are in the event of work stoppages, emergency events, or project deadlines extended hours will be required beyond the 40-hour work week.
- Manages organization by planning daily operational schedules and assigning work in order to meet the needs of the operating groups.
- Supervise and oversee work of assigned staff and provide guidance in the resolution of problems both internal and external by influencing change with business partners and/or immediate staff.
- Analyzes and controls company financial budget including operations and maintenance, overtime, and capital costs to include recommending opportunities to achieve financial goals and requirements.
- Lead continuous process improvement efforts by evaluating, developing, and recommending changes in methods, procedures and work practices and implement upon approval.
- Provides leadership and direction by ensuring assigned staff understands, and adheres to, business area work practices, procedures, rules and regulations, as well as corporate policies.
- Interviews and recommends candidates for employment and termination.
- Oversees contractors and provides management for selected projects.
- Maintains accurate records concerning the receipt, storage, inventory and delivery of material and equipment.
- Provides exceptional customer service in collaboration with other supervisors and managers, ensuring that emergency storm plans are in place to support the timely restoration of customer outages across all 3 states.
- Leads projects and organizes cross functional teams to develop process improvement recommendations.
- Performs safety observations and administers safety programs ensuring assigned staff conducts daily tasks in a safe work environment.
- Requires technical knowledge in distribution and warehouse operations.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project).
- Experience with an inventory management technology a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, finance, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Five (5) plus years in distribution or warehousing supervision / management or related experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- CDL A/B, state or federal hoisting license, fork truck, APICS certifications are desirable but not required.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Serving more than 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, and employing a workforce of more than 8,000 New Englanders, Eversource represents one unified company across three states.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs