Eversource Energy Supervisor, Field Engineering in Waltham, Massachusetts
This position is responsible for the proper, safe, and efficient completion of engineering assignments and the supervision of engineers and technicians engaged in large engineering projects or small projects with complex features. Provides leadership for all field aspects of construction and maintenance relay testing and protection & control scheme testing on T&D substation equipment. Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best possible customer experience.
At the Senior Supervisor level, in addition to the duties listed above, responsibilities include:
•Serving as the local technical lead or coach for other supervisors
•Developing and coaching other supervisors in various aspects of their role (i.e. – managing crew performance, daily job briefings and work site visits, safety, O&M/Capital accounting, etc.)
•Authorizing re-allocation of resources in situations where conflicting priorities exist (i.e. – greater than expected field employee absence, therefore, crew re-configurement required)
•Driving innovation and change in business processes
•Leading area work center activities during manager absence
•Representing their manager at department, customer, and community meetings
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of project and activities and assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products, and equipment.
- Plans and directs tests associated with the Eversource Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Analyzes and interprets electric test results on equipment, protection devices and control systems, etc.; recommends the course of corrective action to be taken.
- Provides technical expertise to projects groups for outage coordination and resource management and to Engineering regarding work sequencing and technical design & implementation.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures adherence to safe practices by performing field safety audits, conducting department safety meetings, carrying out incident analyses and generating incident reports.
- Interfaces with external contractors, suppliers, other utilities and the ISO
- Sets clear expectations and provides ongoing feedback to employees regarding their performance. Effectively addresses performance issues. Conducts comprehensive performance reviews (per applicable bargaining unit contract).
- Responsible for the proper application of local union contracts and agreements. Works with managers and employees to resolve grievances and concerns in a timely and complete manner.
- Directs safety awareness and compliance initiatives within the group, and monitors safety performance. Champions efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and procedures, and safety performance.
- Demonstrates and is role model for a customer-first attitude. Seeks to quickly resolve customer issues by collaborating with employees and other departments.
- Participates in on-call rotation as required.
- Eversource operating procedures; switching & tagging
- Reading/interpreting schematic diagrams, blue prints and vendor instruction manuals
- Electrical utility maintenance, construction and testing
- Electric utility equipment including transformers, HV and MV circuit breakers, protective relays & devices, reclosers, switchgear, regulators, fuses, disconnects, arresters, and station batteries
- Electric utility protection and control functions
- Electric utility testing equipment and software
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or electrical technology preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 -10 years of experience is required
- Experience in transmission, distribution and power systems engineering experience is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle drivers’ license.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position is $122,000.00 to $135,550.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs