National Grid Senior Data Engineer in Waltham, Massachusetts
* National Grid is hiring for a * Data Engineer * for our Solution Delivery Data Management department in Waltham, MA. *
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Data Engineer is a collaborative role on the Solution Delivery Data Management Team responsible for designing sound, scalable, and performant solutions that meet the requirements in a large data volume enterprise. Solutions and design trade-offs are communicated to business and technical stakeholders for effective decision making.
This candidate will influence an integral part of a major IT initiative to enable National Grid Business Partners by improving how our employees serve our customers today and by creating the platform for tomorrow’s growth. This is an integral role for this enablement program to deliver changes across people, process, systems and technology.
• Development of data mappings from source to target solutions for data synch and conversion process flows
• Development of the Enterprise Data Catalog and perform analysis to improve understanding of upcoming changes to target systems
• Load data into the Operational Data Store for data profiling and support of reporting requirements
• Development of data synchronization processes
• Lead data remediations to ensure process is refined to manage data issues through triage and resolution
• Lead data conversions to migrate data from source to target systems
• Participate in model and design of SaaS solutions, including application structure and storage in collaboration with Solution and Technical Architects.
• Assist in determining the cross-application data standards, data distribution standards and promote data-driven design
• Evaluate database deliverables throughout development to ensure quality and traceability to requirements and adherence to all quality management plans and standards.
• Work with other architects to ensure that all components work together to meet objectives and performance goals as defined in the requirements. Identify and communicate any cross-area or cross-release issues that may affect other areas of the project.
• Participate in go-live preparation activities such as QA, dress rehearsals, issue remediation, cutover and go-live aftercare
• Participate in data management maturity assessments to identify gaps and pain points for capabilities including data quality, governance, analytics, metadata management, master data management
• Seek opportunities for continuous improvement in processes, procedures and systems with regards to data.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Demonstrated ability to partner with cross-functional teams, subject matter experts, and architects
Demonstrated ability to drive sustainable process changes that realize significant business value
3+ years’ experience in database development (SQLServer, Oracle, etc)
Experience in data mapping, modeling and working with teams to define data models
Experience in a dynamic work environment
Proven ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers.
Experience with cloud database architecture is a plus
Experience with Snowflake is a plus
Experience with Agile/Lean software development process and practices is a plus
Experience in with SaaS solutions such as Salesforce, ESRI and Workforce is a plus
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
_ National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team. _