National Grid Security Delivery COE Manager in Waltham, Massachusetts
National Grid is hiring a Security Delivery COE Manager for our Security Group in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
As COE Manager, you will be responsible for leading and operating a team of highly skilled individuals, coaching and supporting outstanding performance and leading by example to enable introduction of cutting-edge delivery approaches. You will need to have a strong understanding of a variety of delivery methodologies, financial and commercial acumen. You will rely on a wealth of experience in program delivery.
The COE will also be responsible for providing agile professionals (e.g. Scrum Masters) , commercially savvy analysts, and quality assurance professionals to support product and engineering team’s delivery of roadmaps, through financial sanction/funding, commercial, and project management office (PMO) support.
Provide professional delivery resources to support Agile methodology
Provide testing and quality assurance services to support Product and Engineering delivery where needed
Translate and build required outputs s with Cyber Security Engineering Services team – Engineering tower leads/Product Managers to integrate to internal governance processes
Ensure financial funding is in place for portfolio of delivery when needed and ensures any reporting requirements are met
Translate the future vision and strategy to commercial by anticipating market needs and customer-driven by understanding and addressing customer needs
Support Cyber Security Services view of progress against plan, risks, opportunities, resource gaps, escalation
Highlight potential critical path slips for corrective action/escalation/sprint etc
Highlight potential resources constraints in short- and medium-term plan
Demonstrate adherence to governance requirements (include key milestones)
Support Security & IT Exec Reporting
Support performance management of delivery activities – financial, resource forecasting
Support regulatory reporting requirements related to program investments where needed
Support processes and techniques for forecasting team capacity (e.g. ensures time for maintenance & support, ‘advisory/consultancy, defect resolution)
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Should be able to :
To able to influence key stakeholders and connect with different part of the business
• To motivate and inspire others- be a role model with an open-mind, seeking to hear and respect diversity of thought while empowering and trusting others to make the right decisions
• To keep improving the services and have an end-to-end customer focus approach
• To build a strong relationship with security, product, and engineering teams, understanding their strengths, aspirations and motivations, adapting your leadership style as the team develops
• To coach, connect and engage with your team – supporting them to solve their own problems
• To take responsibility for your team’s performance, setting clear objectives and targets for the year, monitoring performance and holding your team to account – celebrating success and driving for improvement
• To provide regular and ongoing feedback to each team member to aid team performance, and be open to feedback yourself
• To embed a safety mind-set within your team and create an open, two-way environment for communication and ideas sharing
• To build a broader network with other leaders across the organization
• To actively develop yourself as a leader and be a role model to your team of the type of behaviors you expect
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management or related disciplines (or relevant professional experience)
5+ years minimum experience in a IT and or Security program delivery with demonstrable responsibility for, and success with, a portfolio of programs
5+ years minimum experience managing teams
Knowledge of Cyber security concepts and services
SAFE Agile, PMP, PRINCE 2 Program Delivery
Knowledge of/Experience with Product Management, DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering concepts
10+ years of experience in IT Delivery projects
10+ years’ experience in management/leadership
5+ years of experience in Agile Processes
Experience delivering in a Cyber Security context
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.