National Grid Scrum Master, Technical Delivery in Waltham, Massachusetts
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid Global Solutions Development team is currently seeking an experienced software engineer tocoordinate and coach our solutions development team as an effective scrum master.
The ideal candidate will be thego-to person for applying scrum to produce high-quality work. The candidate will be responsible for managing timelines, resolving problems and coaching team members on Agile methodologies.
• Manage each project’s scope and time line
• Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
• Coordinate sprint planning, daily stand-up, sprint demo and retrospective
• Help team design and build software solutions effectively
• Remove the obstacles or impediments faced by the team in its work
• Mentor the team members to adopt Agile mind-set, including ownership, self-management and empowerment
• Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration. Be the point of contact for all external communications (e.g. from customers or various stakeholders)
• Guide the team members to achieve optimum productivity through process improvement
• Helps the team manage and track progress through JIRA. Responsible for JIRA reporting and managing team velocity rates
• Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
• Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
• Participate and drive dependency management with co-program scrum teams
• Participating in Scrum of Scrum activities for the program
Experience in a scrum master role
Experience working in a software development environment
Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
Good knowledge of AGILE frameworks
Excellent communication and leadership skills
Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
Outstanding organizational skills
BS in Computer Science, or equivalent
Experience working in a software development environmentExcellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)Good knowledge of AGILE frameworksExcellent communication and leadership skillsProblem-solving and conflict-resolution abilityOutstanding organizational skillsBS in Computer Science, or equivalent
Scrum master certification
Experience in any public cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS)
Experience in CI/CD pipelines
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.