National Grid Sales Inventory Operations Planning Manager in Waltham, Massachusetts
_About the Position:_
We are the planning team within the procurement organization at National Grid. You will be joining us at an exciting time, as we are determined to exceed expectations of our customers, shareholders, and communities today and make possible the energy systems of tomorrow. Further, our team is under transformation and working towards becoming a data and process centric unit managing thousands of parts under multiple jurisdictions. Our goal is simple - to provide the right materials, in the right quantity, at the right time, at the right cost, to the right place.
Are you looking forward to bringing a smile on your customer’s face by continually fulfilling their needs on time and in full? Are you excited about building balanced demand supply plans that meet all financial objectives? Do you live for ensuring that your engineering colleagues can put an item behind every plan? Are you passionate about working with your stakeholders to implement a future “To Be” Sales, Inventory and Operational Planning (SIOP) state?
If this resonates with you, Welcome - we are looking for a customer centric supply chain person who will love to work with diverse teams and is fired up to “bring energy to life”.
_Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):_
• Deploys a Best practice approach across National Grid line of businesses for a 4 steps process -data gathering, demand, supply and financial reconciliation.
• Works with material planners and influences the regional leadership team to manage & facilitate the decision to balance demand & supply.
• Work with strategic sourcing, quality, and warehouse management in the areas of capacity planning to ensure a realistic and achievable plan.
• Creates a stronger focus on SIOP with emphasis on long-term demand planning within National Grid line of businesses. Support implementation of the front-end SIOP processes, and adoption of new tools.
• Facilitates cross functional activities to resolve demand and capacity imbalances before the operations are impacted and presents potential solutions during the SIOP meeting for approval.
• Supports the implementation and deployment of IT solutions to enhance the SIOP process efficiency
• This position might include owning planning and analysis of assigned material/ business set as needed to support the team. Proactively identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead implementation efforts.
• Work on other tasks and projects as assigned by management.
• Travel up to 25% might be required.
_Knowledge & Experience Required:_
• A Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related area and at least 8 years of experience in demand planning, forecasting and/or SIOP management functions. Advanced degree or credits is preferred.
• Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues.
• Experience with an ERP functionality in MRO/ manufacturing supply chain modules.
• Excellent communication, team building skills, and ability to lead cross functionally.
• Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities.
• Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Projects.
• Must be able to work in a metrics-driven organization, with a focus on continuous improvement. Hands-on experience with JIT, Lean, and/or TQM principles is highly desirable.
• CPIM certification is preferred.
• Knowledge of National Grid's business operations, company policies, work practices, regulatory requirements, and local legislation is preferred.
• Knowledge or Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements and cycle counting principals is preferred.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Job: *Operations Support
Organization: *Operations Support
Title: Sales Inventory Operations Planning Manager
Requisition ID: 20182893