Eversource Energy Manager, Electric Field Operations Manager, Waltham AWC in Waltham, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position is jointly accountable, with other Electric Operations managers, for providing safe, reliable and cost-effective electric service to customers.
Under general direction, the manager is responsible for the delivery of field activities for a site within a geographic region in order to carry out the operations, restoration, maintenance and construction of the electric transmission and distribution systems. Provides overhead and underground work crews on a 24 hour, 7-day per week basis to execute these processes. This position oversees supervisors and multi-skilled work crews and clerical support within their site.
- Assists with the establishment of and monitors goals, policies, plans, standards, performance objectives and budget for the site. Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement policies and practices. Monitors operating and financial objectives and ensures alignment with organization and corporate goals.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective installation, operation, maintenance, restoration and construction of the overhead and underground transmission and distribution systems for the various sites within the geographic region.
- Oversees development of site staff. Assesses the need for, and oversees implementation of, programs to ensure employees possess technical and behavioral skills required to support operating plans. Manages, selects, coaches and develops site staff.
- Works proactively with Community Relations to influence district, city and town leaders and civic groups to provide a local point of contact and to enhance Eversource presence in the communities.
- In collaboration with Human Resources and other Electric Operations managers, assists in defining and implementing a labor relations strategy that enhances employee productivity and enables the achievement of Electric Operations service level commitments.
- Assists with the preparation for, and execution of, restoration efforts in collaboration with other Electric Operations managers.
Technical Knowledge/Skills Thorough understanding of transmission and distribution issues and activities within the electric utility industry.
Education: Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Management, related discipline or equivalent experience may be considered. MS in Engineering or MBA preferred.
Experiences: Minimum of ten (10) years managing or supervising groups engaged in transmission/distribution or related activities.
Licenses & Certifications: None
Work is performed primarily in an office environment and involves sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area. Job can require frequent drives to different geographic locations to visit field sites or attend meetings. Required to work as needed during weather events, emergencies, etc.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Ability to manage multiple priorities to effectively meet service level commitments. Ability to influence and lead people to assure teamwork and customer satisfaction. Must be able to work with many different constituents, departments, and varied skilled and professional employees to resolve conflicts as needed. Must be able to understand strategic and tactical business issues, and effectively communicate important corporate and customer issues to employees.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs