National Grid Lead Specialist, Work and Scheduling Management - Gas Business Enablement in Waltham, Massachusetts
_About the Position:_
The Gas Business Enablement project is a major long-term investment in our US gas business to enhance compliance, improve customer service, rate case strategy and performance. This newly created project will be a significant undertaking for the business as we standardize and simplify our operational processes, upgrade the technical systems they run on, build on our compliance programs in a rapidly changing external environment, develop and enhance how we use technology in the field and ensure we have the right talent and resource plans to successfully deliver to our customers. The Lead Specialist, Work and Scheduling Management position is a highly visible manager role and will require a long-term commitment to the success of the Gas Enablement Team.
_Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):_
The primary responsibility of the Lead Specialist, Work and Scheduling Management role is to lead the development and delivery of standardized end-to-end processes to support the future business. The Lead Specialist, Work and Scheduling Management will collaborate across all Gas and Electric CMS Organizations driving for consistency across all legacy operating companies with specific efforts to improve efficiency and leverage best practices.
This individual will work very closely with the Performance Excellence Organization by leveraging the capabilities (i.e. personnel, methodology and tools) to identify opportunities for improvement in safety, operations, performance management, customer service and compliance. This role will lead a team of internal and external consultant partners aligned with the Work and Scheduling Management Process. The successful candidate will lead working groups actively collaborating in the development and delivery of improved end to end processes, through diagnosis, design, test/refine and implementation phases while minimizing disturbance to the day to day business and ensuring compliance with regulations. This position is responsible for facilitating effective communication between stakeholders.
· Analyze, design, and deliver new business processes related to Work and Scheduling Management.
· Work with the business and other stakeholders to assess current capabilities and identify high-level customer requirements.
· Identify and define detailed requirements and use cases.
· Identifies and escalates project risks, financial risks and employee resistance; partners with Director, CMO to develop change activities to mitigate risks and gain alignment with US Gas business leaders and key stakeholders.
· Set up and maintain requirements.
· Work with the internal team and consulting partners to define metrics and performance goals.
· Participate in transitioning the requirements and use cases to the business, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
· Assist in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results, performance, and user acceptance testing.
· Participate in quality management reviews of the end to end process designs, and other requirements to ensure they fulfill the requirements of the Gas Business.
· Serve as a liaison to the business community. Participate in a user and task analysis to maintain the business community's perspective.
· Serve as a resource for the change enablement team as they evaluate training and performance support needs and design the training and performance support products.
· This role will serve as a business process expert to define the business processes and performing any business process re-engineering required.
_Knowledge & Experience Required:_
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferably in an engineering/analytical business discipline or demonstrated experience with a considerable breadth and depth across maintenance, customer service, asset management, capital delivery and emergency response,preferably in implementing large scale change in a customer focused organization.
· 5 year’s management experience at the Manager level or equivalent.
· Influential, energetic and enthusiastic business leader, with the drive, ambition and resilience to make things happen and deliver outstanding performance.
· A strong, successful record in providing strategic leadership, implementing significant change and delivering against key business objectives.
· Significant experience managing resources and activities focused on delivering superior operational performance and continuous improvement.
· Ability to successfully bring together and drive cooperation across diverse teams with potentially conflicting goals and objectives.
· Experience in leading and developing a broad team comprised of diverse expertise and skills
· Extensive knowledge of company policies, procedures, field operations, organization structure, budgetary process, regulatory processes and labor agreements.
· Strong MS Office suite, project management software skills.
· Analytical Thinking: Sees multiple relationships with the project or program, identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation to establish contingency plans.
· Information Seeking: Establishes the facts by digging deeper, asking probing questions and challenging initial responses from different sources.
· Impact and Influence: Adapts approach and considers what is important to the audience by tailoring message accordingly.
· Leveraging Networks: Actively builds and maintains a network of relationships, both internal and external to the organization.
· Teamwork and Collaboration: Possesses positive expectations for team members and expresses regard for them and encouragement.
· Adaptability: Is receptive to change and is willing to change ideas or opinions based on new information, program variations and project scope changes.
· Creates a culture where people are inspired to deliver high performance.
· Creates a culture of innovation.
· Direct internal team, supervise & direct consultant activities, collaborate and lead business stakeholder and manage large scale projects.
/National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team./
Job: *Gas Enablement
Organization: *Gas Enablement
Title: Lead Specialist, Work and Scheduling Management - Gas Business Enablement
Requisition ID: 20182882