National Grid Lead Analyst of Reporting Analytics and Insights in Waltham, Massachusetts
National Grid is hiring a Lead Analyst of Reporting Analytics and Insights, for our Global IT PMO at National Grid.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Reporting directly to the Director of IT PMO, the Lead Analyst is responsible for the development and management of the PMO Reporting function and team.
• Responsible for the creation of holistic reporting for the PMO
• Provide insight and transparency into data collected by the PMO, carrying out analysis to inform senior leadership decision making
• Responsible for taking reporting requirements from all teams in the PMO, and producing comprehensive, reliable and consistent reporting
• Responsible for providing reports for senior stakeholders in IT and the Business
• The development and analysis of key metrics and benchmark data to inform management decision making
• Accountable for producing reports for the IT PMO – taking requirements from all teams to produce best in class reports
• Collaborating with other teams, such as Finance, HR & Business Partners to produce integrated reports that can inform decision making
• Aligned to the global PMO reporting standards to ensure consistent reporting in both regions, and producing global reports as required
• Create and maintain an integrated reporting suite to enable self-serve reporting for the IT Leadership Team and other key stakeholders
• Act as the Project and Program Tooling SME, ensuring that PMO tools (such as Project Online and Power BI) are maintained and data quality is consistently high. To act as SME, feeding in PMO requirements to other tooling that we interface with
• Build and Maintain reports for all aspects of the PMO, including:
Financial forecast variance, including SAP data Reconciliation, Capex/Opex Insights
Data Quality Reporting – Project Online (or other Project Management tooling) Data Quality, missing information and conflicts, pushing data to non-self serve audiences
Project Performance Reporting – Project & Program management performance KPIs and Metrics (On Time, On Cost, Outcomes and Benefits, etc)
Portfolio Reporting – Plan on a Page, Portfolio Status, Portfolio Dependencies
• Indirect management responsibility of up to 5 x FTEs
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Has good leadership, relationship, communication and presentation skills.
Has the ability to influence and manage senior stakeholders – e.g. program sponsors.
Demonstrate the Valued Business Partner capabilities and behaviors in all interactions with IT Colleagues, vendors and business stakeholders.
Successful candidates will:
• Be a passionate and visionary technologist able to inspire others to challenge and disrupt the current reality and most importantly of all, able to take people along with you.
• Possess previous leadership reporting experience commensurate with this significant and high-profile role gained at highly respected organizations and having successfully developed and executed reporting in, desirably, a regulated environment
• Demonstrate significant experience in the development of effective business focused IT metrics and IT quality measurement
• Present with gravitas and credibility to build strong relationships, and collaborate, with a wide variety of internal stakeholders and maintain an expert external network
• Have developed highly tuned organizational change management skills and able to successfully lead and embed change with courage and sensitivity
• Be able to communicate and co-ordinate multiple tasks simultaneously in a complex and dynamic organization, ensuring an effective balance between internally and externally facing activities
• Demonstrate technical credibility and independent judgment and decision-making responsibilities
• Possess a good of understanding of project & program management methodologies and frameworks, such as Agile & Waterfall.
• Strong relationship management and facilitation skills
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science/related field, or equivalent industry experience
• Extensive IT experience and deep technical knowledge
• MBA desirable
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.