National Grid Engineer, Network Strategy Engineering in Waltham, Massachusetts
**About the Position
National Grid is seeking an Electrical Engineer for a position within the Substation Engineering Department at our Waltham, MA location.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Perform investment, conceptual, and detailed design engineering for transmission and distribution class substations up to and including 345kV.
· Designs include modifications and additions to existing sites and new 'green' field (new construction) locations.
· Provide detailed technical scope and cost estimate documentation for use by both internal and external design resources.
· Perform engineering calculations and studies to support project scope.
· Provide technical leadership to a multi-disciplined project team.
· Prepare comprehensive written and oral reports of technical problems, investigative findings, and engineering recommendations.
· Support Project Manager and Project Management Processes.
· Participate in project estimating and economic analysis.
· Coordinate with design consultants, and interface with internal design staff.
· Review drawings associated with projects, including manufacturers' equipment.
· Manage consultants' work, ensuring compliance and technical adequacy against approved standards.
· Development of standards and procedures
Knowledge & Experience Required
· · A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program.
· · Job classifications are dependent upon the level of job related experience.
· · Good working knowledge of industry standards, safety standards, and existing electrical design codes.
· · Proficient MS Office computer skills (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
· · Ability to physically navigate in and around an electrical substation.
· · Valid driver's license with acceptable driving history
· · Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· · Proven interpersonal and written communication skills.
· · Knowledge of the following is desired: Substation construction and maintenance techniques, Electric utility operationpractices, Substation materials, Grounding and Lightning study analysis, IEEE, ANSI, NFPA 70, ASTM, NESC
· Pr Prences for Current Position:
· · Massachusetts State Professional Engineers License (or ability to obtain within 3 yr)
· · 3 to 5 years work experience (Master's degree considered equivalent to 1 yr work experience
· · FE exam complete for Engineer with < 4 years work experience
· · Knowledge of Bentley Microstation, AUTO-CAD, Microsoft Project, CDEGS,Primavera and/or other similar software tools.
/N ational Grid is an equal opportunity employer thatvaluesa broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture ofinclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to bean affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team. /
Job: *Electric Systems Eng
Title: Engineer, Network Strategy Engineering
Requisition ID: 20182453