National Grid Associate Analyst/Analyst, Strategic Workforce Planning in Waltham, Massachusetts
_About the Position:_
Join our HR workforce planning team at National Grid during an exciting transformational time for the energy industry. Help our business manage workforce capacity and capability risk by providing strategic, consultative and analytic support. This position will be part of a small COE within HR delivering proactive workforce analytics, planning, modeling, data visualization and reporting to enable effective workforce planning by business. This position works closely with the wider HR organization to support workforce priorities and design of planning methodologies, processes and programs which facilitate delivery and execution of business plans.
_Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):_
· Works collaboratively with the wider HR organization and the business to support development, facilitation and implementation of the workforce planning agenda effectively across the business functions.
· Gathers, analyzes, summarizes and presents workforce planning data which informs and enables HR programs and provide the business with meaningful, actionable insights.
· Prepares reports and presentations on various workforce planning data such as demographic profiles, turnover ratios, etc. for various audiences.
· Supports development and execution of functional/jurisdictional workforce plans for key/mission critical and hard to fill positions.
· Assists in the management of databases, works with third party vendor, HRIS and IS to ensure data integrity, and perform workforce trend analysis such as for historical turnover, recruiting and staffing.
· Supports the development of methodologies for supply/demand workforce forecast models.
· Assists in the development of detailed business models to support senior management in defining strategies relevant to area or discipline.
· Assists Lead Analyst and the wider HR organization to enable translation of objectives into well-defined business requirements in support of change, strategic priorities and innovation within National Grid.
_Knowledge & Experience Required:_
· Bachelor’s degree required with limited experience in an HR, Workforce Planning, People Analytics role preferred, or applicable business and analytical experience and a passion to learn.
· Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, experience working with large data sets and databases.
· Experience working with, teaming and influencing stakeholders and other business partners to achieve targeted outcomes.
· Experienced at development of presentation materials, able to translate and message analytical results into meaningful insights
· Demonstrated internal consulting, analytical, communication skills and business acumen
· Strong project management skills, including planning and organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task on a variety of initiatives
· Attentive to details and deadlines
· Demonstrates confidence, credibility, good judgment and decision making
· This position may entail domestic travel or driving to other company locations, a clean, valid, state issued driver's license is required
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
/National Grid is an equal opportunity employer thatvaluesa broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture ofinclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to bean affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team./
Job: *Human Resources
Organization: *Human Resources
Title: Associate Analyst/Analyst, Strategic Workforce Planning
Requisition ID: 20180818