New Jersey Resources Sr. Specialist Corporate Strategy in Wall, New Jersey
Sr. Specialist Corporate Strategy
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #1504
Monday, November 22, 2021
Energize your future at New Jersey Resources (NJR). We are a Fortune 1000 employer located at the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County, and named a Most Trusted Brand among the country’s natural gas and electric utilities. Join our diversified energy company as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. You’ll find a friendly, community-minded work environment, where recognition for your work and opportunities for growth and development are complemented with competitive pay and benefits. That’s NJR Life.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Sr. Specialist Corporate Strategy to support corporate strategy and development efforts by providing in-depth research on energy markets, policy and changes in the competitive landscape. Provide strategic decision support and translate findings into actionable recommendations that support growth initiatives. Assist in the development of presentations both external and internal.
• Support the Director of Corporate Strategy with the development of the Company’s business strategy through the strategic decision and planning process, business case development, analysis and research
• Actively monitor and summarize relevant industry studies and publications on emerging regulatory policies, technological developments and business models
• Collect and analyze key industry data, using traditional and advanced methods, to identify trends or anomalies in energy market fundamentals (supply, demand, prices), technology costs, asset performance and other factors to identify strategic opportunities
• Partner with business units to develop business plans to pursue new growth opportunities; shape scope of business plan, provide research and analysis to support the business case, develop communication materials for senior leadership and board of directors, and advise on courses of action
• Support corporate and market development initiatives; gather and analyze information to assess market opportunities and risks, support valuation and deal structuring, perform due diligence, interact with financial and legal advisors, finalize closing documentation, and assist in communication to investors, analysts, senior management and the board of directors
• Develop and support corporate strategic planning processes; develop standardized templates and processes for meetings and strategy discussions
• Track and monitor progress for corporate strategic initiatives, using insights for continuous improvement to adjust activity or reset direction as necessary
• Fulfil ad hoc research and analysis requests from senior leaders, including the CEO and board of directors
• Communicate research and analysis findings and provide reports outlining the impact of policies on the organization
• Provide energy policy analysis and develop organizational responses or positions on these policies. Contribute results to external stakeholder working groups, and to policy makers. Develop strategies to leverage the impact of polices on the organization’s operations.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, mathematics, engineering, or related field required; MBA preferred
• Minimum of seven year’s energy industry experience required with working knowledge of current issues of the energy markets in North America
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Strong technical background with the ability to build complex models
• Excellent critical thinking skills to review and analyze publications and presentations
• Exceptional oral, written and presentation communication skills, with ability to interact with senior leaders
• Must be flexible and responsive and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, occasionally in high pressure situations
• Strong conceptual, quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
• Experience with research and analysis at an energy industry market research firm, financial institution and management consultant preferred
• Experience developing business plans, supporting corporate strategy and development processes, or publishing research with market insights
- The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Job Function Sr. Professional
Pay Type Salary
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America