New Jersey Resources Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Wall, New Jersey
Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #1508
Monday, January 10, 2022
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer to develop, maintain and support automated tests and tools as well as perform manual testing to ensure the platform is reliable. Should have a track record of worked with multiple cross-functional teams and test activities as part of the overall SDLC release pipeline. Work with the operational team to define test cases and test developing functionality. The focus will be on creating an automated test suite that compliments the development team’s unit tests.
Developing and executing test plans for new and existing features, troubleshooting and verifying fixes for production support issues, and documenting defects with clear, concise, and reproducible information.
• Participate in the software development life cycle from beginning to end
• Create and execute both manual and automated test plans for existing products and features
• Work with development team to define testing protocol for new features as they are designed and developed
• Work closely with subject matter experts to understand business requirements and create acceptance criteria based on them
• Develop automated tests to ensure regression coverage across products
• Develop testing plans and testing scenarios in accordance with the functional requirements and detail technical specifications to ensure maximum requirement traceability
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities within a cross-functional team
• Maintain and update test instances as necessary
• Experience designing, writing, and executing test plans
• Demonstrated ability in writing both manual and automated test plans, ensuring that the required specifications are thoroughly tested
• Proficient with concepts and practice in creating automated tests: loops, passing parameters, feeding parameters to test procedures via files and reusable modules (skills test required)
• Strong knowledge of software test and automation methodologies, tools and processes
• Implement and manage release processes for code through development, test and production environments
• Create plan the release windows and cycles across multiple platforms
• Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications or operating system updates
• Own the source control system, third-party repositories, build system and release data system
• Manage and support the development and execution of varying types of complex test cases including service level, component, functional, regression, automation, performance, mobile, and end-to-end
• Perform technical troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis of system defects and conduct impact analysis
• Standardize testing approach across multiple projects and platforms
• Implement automated testing where applicable
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines and Agile methodology
• Act as Lead QA tester on multiple applications/projects simultaneously
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience in software testing
• Commitment to quality and high standards with close attention to detail
• Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology
• Experience using Kanban with JIRA or Azure DevOps boards or other Kanban board
• Experience with Docker and cloud platforms (Azure), Kubernetes, cloud log services (Sumologic, Splunk), cloud application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, NewRelic) is a plus
• Significant experience in quality assurance processes, software lifecycle, testing, planning, execution & defect tracking
• Experience creating automated and manual tests within a CI/CD framework.
• Strong SDLC background and conceptual knowledge of the entire SDLC process
• Experience with administration, deployment and/or configuration management supporting enterprise-scale servers or middleware platforms
• Experience with source code management, build automation and dependency management
• Experience with source control tools (e.g. Bitbucket, SVN, Git,) and/or continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Code-Build, etc.)
• Understanding of test life cycle, test case development/execution, building acceptance tests using standard tools such as Selenium, Katalon Studio etc.
• Prior experience testing Oracle ERP, SAP CRM or .NET applications helpful
- The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Job Function Sr. Professional
Pay Type Salary
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America