New Jersey Resources Director of External Reporting and Accounting Policy in Wall, New Jersey
Director of External Reporting and Accounting Policy
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #1816
Thursday, September 22, 2022
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Director of External Reporting and Accounting Policy to plan and execute the Company’s SEC and GAAP compliance directives, oversee the preparation of all required external financial filings and reports (10-K, 10-Q, and 11-K) and other filings as needed. Act as steward of the Company’s accounting/reporting policies and practices and provide implementation leadership and guidance on external reporting and disclosure for SEC, FASB and FERC mandates. Research and provide accounting and external reporting guidance for new significant non-recurring transactions.
• Lead the preparation of all quarterly and annual external reports filed with the SEC, and collaborate on the preparation of the Annual Report to Shareowners, earnings press releases and other required reports and filings
• Coordinate with Financial Planning and Analysis and business units for relevant variance commentary and compliance with segment reporting for quarterly and annual filings.
• Oversee the compilation of corporate consolidated and external subsidiary financial statements
• Oversee the monitoring and research associated with the technical accounting and financial reporting requirements promulgated by the FASB, SEC, PCAOB, AICPA, FERC and other standard setting bodies. Ensure the Company is identifying new and emerging guidance; develop and manage related implementation project plans.
• Identify financial accounting/reporting and risk exposure implications that might result from standard setting; provide day-to-day leadership and guidance on interpretations and implementation solutions to key stakeholders including senior management, corporate finance, accounting, IT and business units
• Ensure legacy accounting is evolving appropriately with changes in guidance and business practices
• Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide comprehensive technical memos and accounting white papers with documented conclusions on complex issues
• Interface directly with external auditors and obtain consensus on conclusions on accounting and external reporting matters
• Determine the financial accounting and risk exposure implications resulting from changes in accounting and financial reporting requirements
• Initiate discussions with management committee members, solicit input and responses and formulate and present company positions with respect to proposed accounting standards and company transactions
• Analyze the impact of alternative accounting treatments for new significant and non-recurring transactions; perform other accounting impact studies as needed for planning and forecasting purposes
• Oversee annual audits of benefit plan and charities; prepare related financial statements and regulatory filings
• Review/prepare quarterly and annual information for press releases, 10-Q and 10-K
• Maintain corporate-wide accounting policies, procedures and implementation for the non-regulated entities
• Monitor internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
• Provide thought leadership on design and implementation of process improvements
• Drive team accountabilities through goal setting and employee development and mentoring
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA required
• 10 or more years of relevant experience with a combination of public and private accounting in a large public company
• “Big 4” accounting experience is a plus
• Utility and/or energy experience is a plus
• Proficient in MS office and Oracle ERP
• Strong experience with GAAP and SEC requirements; in-depth understanding of the accounting standard setting process
• Ability to apply knowledge and develop solution framework for regulatory mandates and new transactions
• Ability to work independently, managing multiple projects and critical deadlines
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with ability to present information to senior management, audit committee and auditors in a concise manner
- The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran or other protected status.
Job Function Director
Pay Type Salary
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America