New Jersey Resources Director Investor Relations in Wall, New Jersey
Director Investor Relations
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #1433
Monday, September 27, 2021
Energize your future at New Jersey Resources (NJR). We are a Fortune 1000 employer located at the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County, and named a Most Trusted Brand among the country’s natural gas and electric utilities. Join our diversified energy company as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. You’ll find a friendly, community-minded work environment, where recognition for your work and opportunities for growth and development are complemented with competitive pay and benefits. That’s NJR Life.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Director Investor Relations position to develop and manage a comprehensive Investor Relations program, including managing the relationship with equity investors, analysts and other third parties, coordinating and developing investor materials for earnings calls and Investor Days, managing the investor relations web site and other communications tools and continuous benchmarking of NJR against its peers.
• Acts as authorized Company spokesperson with the financial community with the main objective of maintaining a fair-market value for the Company's common stock:
• Maintains and develops the database of existing and prospective analysts who cover NJR, and of existing and prospective institutional investors
• Maintains regular contact with all pertinent analysts and institutional investors (sell side and buy side) to provide up-to-date information about events and market trends affecting NJR; obtains comments for management on investor sentiment
• Develops and maintains a program to encourage investment in NJR by the retail market
• Coordinates quarterly earnings releases and conference calls; develops presentation materials and scripts, aligned with other financial reporting dates (including 10-Ks and 10-Qs); coordinates with service providers delivery of earnings releases and conference calls (Q4, etc.)
• Coordinates, prepares and executes an annual Investor Relations plan, including "road shows" and “investor days” including the required presentations and associated logistics
• Prepares and coordinates issuance of external financial information, including 8-Ks, financial press releases, investor fact sheets, etc.
• Prepares ad-hoc information for management, including for Board of Directors presentations
• Reviews 10-Ks and 10Qs for accuracy and consistency of information with investor messaging
• Prepares all presentation materials and scripts used by senior management in a variety of other investor-related settings, including the annual shareowner meeting, AGA forums, etc.
• Benchmarks NJR to peers on a regular basis, including analysis of earnings performance, earnings targets, dividends, IR programs, information releases, analysts’ expectations, etc.
• Follows and understands analysts’ reports on the company and its peers; replicates analyst’s valuation models to understand value assigned to NJR and peer companies
• Measures the effectiveness of the Company's investor relations program through the quality and accuracy of external analyst research and earnings estimates, increasing sell side coverage, as well as the addition of the new shareowners, data, and/or third-party perception surveys
• Acts as primary Company contact with NYSE and transfer agent, involved in dividend discussions, share repurchase and the company’s Dividend Reinvestment Plan
• Maintains all aspects of the investor relations web site
• Maintains fiscal responsibility for the department
• Acts as the Investor Relations representative on the sustainability committee and takes ownership of our Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) strategy
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Requires 8+ years of experience, including experience leading an Investor Relations program
• Very strong financial acumen and modeling skills
• Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability work under pressure, take ownership of issues and meet deadlines
• Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel to conferences and business meetings as required
- The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran or other protected status.
Job Function Director
Pay Type Salary
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America