South Texas Project Nuclear Operating Company General Supervisor Security of Operations in Wadsworth, Texas
General Supervisor Security of Operations
STP Nuclear Operating Company, 12090 FM 521, Wadsworth, Texas, United States of AmericaReq #994
Thursday, November 16, 2023
The South Texas Project Electric Generating Station is one of the newest and largest nuclear power facilities in the nation. STP's two units produce 2,700 megawatts of carbon-free electricity - providing clean energy to two million Texas homes. Through our uncompromising commitment to nuclear safety and continuous focus on improving plant operations, STP has emerged as an industry leader. Our 1,200 employees maintain an ongoing commitment to the safe and reliable operation of the facility. The company's culture and core values focus on safety, integrity, teamwork and excellence.
Provide management oversight and guidance to Security Operations. Advises leadership on Security issues and topics. Monitor, analyze, identify/plan solutions, and implement solutions to drive improvement in the Department. Knowledge of plant physical security, access authorization, emergency preparedness and response, mitigating beyond design bases events, and Business Continuation Planning.
• Bachelor's degree in technical area, security/law enforcement, homeland security. (Preferred)
• 10+ years of experience including 5 years supervisory experience (Technical/Security/Access) at an operating commercial nuclear plant or equivalent. Required experience will be based on the specific experience needed in the Plant Protection Support group (Required)
• Appropriate military or commercial power experience may be substituted 2 for 1 for up to 3 years on a case- by-case basis after verifying, comparable responsibilities. Required experience will be based on the specific experience needed in Security Section (Required)
• GET II Qualification (Required).
• Must be able to maintain Critical Group status.
• Applies knowledge of plant physical security, access authorization, and emergency preparedness to ensure timely decisions and responses to critical and non-critical events.
• Direct and supervise the development and enhancement of procedures, instructions, guidelines, and job aids in accordance with schedules, priorities, and guidelines related to Security Operations.
• Direct and supervise the development and enhancement of protocols for response, mitigation, and recovery from a hostile based attack in the Owner Controlled Area.
• Set priorities for work activities performed by Security Operations Crews.
• Incorporates financial analysis into strategic decisions and takes accountability for financial decisions within area.
• Monitor work group deliverables to assure evaluations, assessments and actions effectively drive continuous improvements in the Security Operations.
• Develop and maintain appropriate technical expertise within the work group to ensure adequate talent to perform meaningful assessments and program oversight.
• Coordinates and supervise the collection and analysis of performance indicator data and the development of plans of action to address performance gaps.
• Perform personnel activities for direct reports (promotions, salary changes, counseling, performance appraisals, development plans).
• Monitor organizational activities, evaluate impact of internal and external factors (e.g., technology, regulations, business environment) and implements response plans.
• Serve as Contract Technical Coordinator (CTC) for applicable third party contracts.
• Accept ERO position as needed.
• Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access.
• Accept Outage position as needed.
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of federal and industry regulations and standards applicable to Nuclear Security Management programs.
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Plant)
• Environmental and physical requirements require the ability to don appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the defined role; ascending, descending, traversing ladders, scaffolds, stairs; working in confined spaces; moving safely over uneven or slippery terrain; working in proximity to loud equipment and possible inclement weather/temperature conditions.
Posting closes - November 30, 2023
STP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and is committed to nondiscrimination in all matters relating to employment throughout the organization. STP will make every good faith effort to meet or exceed its affirmative action goals and commitments.
We thank all individuals for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date.
- Pay TypeSalary
- STP Nuclear Operating Company, 12090 FM 521, Wadsworth, Texas, United States of America