MDU Resources Group Ready Mix Plant Batchperson in Waco/McGregor, Texas
Ready Mix Plant Batchperson
Company:Knife River - Texas Division
Department:Ready Mix Plant
Hiring Manager:Bryce R Seats
Closing Date:12/31/2022at 11:59pm CDT
GREAT PAY! GREAT BENEFITS! GREAT PEOPLE!
Knife River is seeking a Ready Mix Plant Batchperson! The Batchperson is responsible for the daily operations of a plant location in and around the McGregor and Waco area, including the operations, maintenance, production, inventory control, safety, environmental compliance and supervision of plant employees.
- 1+ years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience,
management position a plus
Excellent math and computer skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions
and procedure manuals.
Good communication skills
Must be able to read, write and speak in English. Bilingual is a plus!
Ability to operate a front-end loader
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe
conditions, and keep equipment properly maintained, and conduct toolbox meetings daily/weekly.
Supervise Drivers, Operators, and Yard personnel in a positive and motivating manner.
Safely and properly operate ready mix plant.
Identify appropriate material to produce quality concrete per job specifications.
Maintain adequate levels of all supplies and products, i.e. fuel, cement, admixtures, fiber mesh, etc.
Communicate with quality control personnel and make required adjustments to material blends; take
samples and test as necessary.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress
situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive
customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others at all times.
- Lead personnel at plant and work with Sales and Dispatch teams as needed to schedule drivers and
ensure customer needs are being met; Respond to all complaints in a timely manner and assist in
Monitor plant site to ensure safe and efficient traffic flow.
Troubleshoot and problem solve (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and
discuss production problems with Operations Manager and Maintenance Manager.
Safely and properly delegate maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) on loader and plant.
Maintain yard & contaminate free aggregate piles.
Some plants may require batchperson to occasionally operate loader or other heavy equipment to
maintain yard and keep concrete plant fed for maximum production.
Perform frequently scheduled plant inspections.
Accurately complete company reports and other documentation as needed to ensure company
compliance is being met.
- Ensure all COD's, checks and tickets are verified and properly secured; complete all required reports
and ensure secure delivery to the main office for daily accruals and depositing.
- Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance, including stocking of PPE
supplies. Maintain safe working environment and foster safety culture, ensure good housekeeping skills
and Lockout/ Tagout procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Timely and regular attendance is essential to the Ready Mix Plant Batchperson position.
Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of health, safety, and environment regulations and standards.
Strong attention to detail.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Working knowledge of DOT hours of service regulations.
Listening and strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work with difficult people.
Ability to maintain positive customer relations.
Act courteous and respectful of others.
Ability to work independently.
Operating equipment at night under artificial lighting.
Working in all weather conditions for extended period of time
- Paid Company Holidays * PTO * Two Medical Plans with GENEROUS Employer contributions * Health Savings Account, partially funded by Company* Prescription Card * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital Indemnity for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, Access to Legal Advice * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
How to Apply:
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 1800 Waco, Texas 76703 or apply in person at 2901 Marlin Hwy 6 Waco, Texas 76705.
Position will remain open until 12/31/2022 or until it is filled.
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/KRC-59.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.