Arizona Public Service Tax Analyst II / Senior in United States
Summary Tax Analyst II
Prepares monthly income tax accounting workpapers and journal entries. Prepare Federal and state corporate income tax returns using general knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards; assist with a variety of federal and state income tax audits; respond to moderately complex queries from federal and state tax authorities; research routine federal, state and local tax issues. Work is closely supervised and follows specific, detailed instructions. Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, and other personnel in the department.
Summary Tax Analyst, Senior
Prepares monthly income tax accounting workpapers and journal entries. Prepares complex federal and state and local income tax tax returns and workpapers using full knowledge of industry practices. Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Researches a variety of tax issues and prepares formal tax memorandums. Serves as the project lead on income tax audits and assists other team members with compliance, research analysis, and audit defense. Analyzes impact on company of federal and state tax legislation. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters.
Minimum Requirements Tax Analyst, II
- Bachelors degree in tax, accounting or related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience; or MBA, MST, CPA or JD; or equivalent work experience in tax, accounting or related field.
Minimum Requirements Tax Analyst, Senior
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field and 3 years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA, MS in Taxation, CPA, or JD preferred.
- General knowledge of the electric utility industry and associated business issues helpful.
- Professional experience in preparing moderately complex corporate multi-state income tax returns, researching tax issues and managing tax audits.
- Experience in researching and analyzing moderately complex tax issues and communicating the results both written and orally.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly accounting for income tax workpapers and journal entries.
- Assist with filing of income tax returns, including preparation and review of returns and associated workpapers.
- Successfully and efficiently operate tax return processing computer software.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local tax regulations.
- Respond to routine queries from tax regulatory authorities, including basic requests for information from government tax auditors.
- Research and resolve routine income tax issues.
- Promptly and accurately respond to routine inquiries from other APS departments and affiliated companies.
- Reduce company tax liabilities through routine tax planning.
- This includes examining company practices and procedures and recommending cost-saving changes.
- Preparation of the tax allocation calculation, quarterly estimated tax payments, budget and forecast for tax and coordination of the 1099 preparation process.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Tax Analyst II / Senior
Job ID: 20180183
Full/Part Time: Full-Time