Southwire Subsea Cable Senior Specialist in United States
Subsea Cable Senior Specialist
Apply now »
Date: Dec 1, 2023
Location: Remote/Other, Remote/Other, US, Remote/Oth
Company: Southwire Company LLC
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Southwire Job Description
Reporting to the HV Sales & Marketing Manager, this role implements the North American strategy and solutions for the Utility group. Collaborates across the organization within the HV, Utility, Industrial, and Renewables groups to promote and specify Southwire products and solutions associated with submarine cable applications. Works closely with Product Management, Engineering, R & D, Operations, Marketing, consultants, and partner companies to develop unique labor-saving and integrated solutions for the offshore cable market. Establish relationships with key offshore wind developers, installers, servicers, and EPC stakeholders and decision makers in the industry.
• Create an action plan from internal product designs through final go-to-market product solutions.
• Drive product development from conceptual though Southwire stage-gate process.
• Formulate go-to-market strategies for various types of subsea cables in industrial, utility, power generation, and renewable applications.
• Lead Southwire’s engineering teams to develop factory and field splicing solutions for full subsea qualification and applications.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams & stakeholders to implement effective solutions.
• Maintain accurate and organized records of manufacturing processes, quality controls, results, and deviations from established procedures.
• Stay up to date on industry trends, advancements, and emerging technologies related to subsea cable manufacturing, contributing insights to improve manufacturing practices.
• Provides direction and feedback on pricing decisions to commercial group leaders, regional managers, and sales support teams based on market conditions and competitive landscape.
• Willingness to travel 25-50% of the time with the possibility of future relocation.
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's
Years of Experience: 10Field of Expertise: Wire & Cable
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's
Years of Experience: 10Preferred Field of Expertise: Low Voltage, Medium Voltage, High Voltage Offshore -Wire & Cable, Umbilical
Other Preferred Skills, Licenses and Certificates
·Established networks and personal contacts within the offshore wind and legacy industrial markets.
·Technical background related to utility and/or offshore subsea/submarine cables. Familiarity with HV underground transmission is a plus.
·Familiarity with industry standards and regulations governing cable manufacturing, quality control, and safety. (IEC, ICEA, API, IEEE, CIGRE etc.)
·Knowledge of company’s product offering and value-add services to recommend solutions that meet customer needs.
·Understanding multiple commercial strategies and working collaboratively within an organization to find the best fit while minimizing disruption.
·Ability to plan, organize and manage large-scale projects, sales plans and initiatives to develop new business and increase existing business.
·Ability to partner with senior management, key stakeholders and the sales team to plan and coordinate activities related to effective account management and align them to overall goals, objectives and strategies.
·Ability to present new product/concepts to marketplace
·Ability to effectively research, collect, and analyze large amounts of data to identify gaps and future trends.
·Forward thinking with the ability to consistently generate new and innovative ideas to effectively target new customers.
·Excellent business acumen and collaboration skills within a large organization.
·Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently.
Plans and Aligns
Benefits We Offer:
401k with Matching
Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
Long & Short-Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Referral Program
Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply now »