South Texas Project Nuclear Operating Company SRO Licensed Training Instructor - 2 Positions in United States
SRO Licensed Training Instructor - 2 Positions
STP Nuclear Operating Company, 12090 FM 521, Wadsworth, Texas, United States of AmericaReq #462
Saturday, October 10, 2020
The South Texas Project Electric Generating Station is one of the newest and largest nuclear power facilities in the nation. STP's two units produce 2,700 megawatts of carbon-free electricity - providing clean energy to two million Texas homes. Through our uncompromising commitment to nuclear safety and continuous focus on improving plant operations, STP has emerged as an industry leader. Our 1,200 employees maintain an ongoing commitment to the safe and reliable operation of the facility. The company's culture and core values focus on safety, integrity, teamwork and excellence.
This position is responsible for developing, administering and documenting training programs for both initial licensing and requalification of Reactor Operators and Senior Reactor Operators.
High school diploma or equivalent. Technical Training required for SRO license or certification.
The position requires a current or previous SRO license or certification and the ability to maintain qualifications for SRO license or certification. It also requires 4 years of power plant experience of which 3 years shall be commercial nuclear power plant experience. During these years, the individual shall have participated in power operations, refueling, and power ascension on a commercial nuclear power plant (30 hours of college credit in an engineering discipline may be substituted for 1 year of experience).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct assigned training including simulator training.
• Participate in all phases of training program administration including analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation.
• Develop, prepare and revise lesson plans and reference materials to support training.
• Evaluate training programs to identify areas for improvement.
• Participate in developmental opportunities to continually improve job performance and skills.
• Develop corrective actions to address identified areas for improvement.
• Conduct periodic comprehensive training program content and process assessments and audits.
• Participate in industry benchmarking, peer self-assessments and industry working groups providing process improvement recommendations based on lessons learned.
• Maintain qualifications by completing requalification and instructor training.
• Evaluate the performance of personnel in the classroom, simulator and in-plant training.
• Support station outages and ERO assignments
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Ability to use algebra and trigonometry to solve thermodynamic and fluid flow equations.
• Ability to obtain and maintain qualification for unescorted access to the South Texas Project Electric Generating Station.
• Ability to maintain instructor certifications to meet regulatory and accreditation requirements.
• Knowledge of federal and industry regulations and standards applicable to training programs.
• Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of subordinates and management personnel in written reports and verbal presentations.
• Ability to use a personal computer and current software in order to support the development of training documentation and presentation material.
• Ability to operate and /or maintain plant or mock-u equipment.
• Ability to facilitate classroom and skills instruction and evaluation in knowledge and skills.
STP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and is committed to nondiscrimination in all matters relating to employment throughout the organization. STP will make every good faith effort to meet or exceed its affirmative action goals and commitments.
We thank all individuals for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date.
STP Nuclear Operating Company, 12090 FM 521, Wadsworth, Texas, United States of America