Arizona Public Service Regulatory Program Manager in United States
Responsible for leading key strategic regulatory initiatives/programs (i.e. ACC rate case), identifying and implementing process efficiencies, facilitating cross-business unit collaboration, leading and coordinating internal and/or external stakeholder meetings, compiling detailed revenue analysis, participating in development and execution of key rate-related regulatory strategies, and other ad hoc tasks. Provides regulatory strategy input including the coordination and delivery of presentations to executive management. Facilitates project direction, decisions and interpretations. Provides guidance and leadership to Regulatory staff and other team members.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics or Finance and a minimum of eight (8) years progressively responsible regulatory and business strategy experience.
- Experience interfacing with all levels of the organization, with specific strengths in influencing decision makers as well as setting and managing expectations.
- Demonstrated multiple, concurrent project management and planning skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong critical thinking and creativity skills along with the ability to exercise sound judgment by making decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong analysis, communication (oral and written), group collaboration skills, and ability to lead teams and promote engagement.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly about complex business and regulatory issues to diverse audiences.
Major Accountabilities: 1) Lead the development and delivery of regulatory initiatives and programs, such as the ACC rate case and other significant rate related filings, providing direction, coordination and facilitation of meetings and timely and accurate filings.
2) Collaborate with regulatory and business unit teams to develop and help execute regulatory strategy.
3) Ensure successful execution of rate and regulatory initiatives/programs by coordinating efforts across business units and management teams. Consult with all levels of management, business units, internal Account/Client Managers, and internal/external resources to ensure conformity with agreed upon scopes and budgets. Negotiate resources, budget, and timing in order to meet business plan objectives.
4) Develop and deliver presentations to various internal and external stakeholders including executive management.
5) Provide leadership to Regulatory and business unit staff and other technically subordinate positions.
6) Maintain a high awareness and understanding of industry trends and regulatory issues, business and functional process improvement opportunities and technology trends.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Regulatory Program Manager
Job ID: 20180310
Full/Part Time: Full-Time