Southwire Regional Sales Manager (Southwest) in United States
Regional Sales Manager (Southwest)
Apply now »
Date: Nov 18, 2023
Location: Remote/Other, Remote/Other, US, Remote/Oth
Company: Southwire Company LLC
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Southwire Job Description
The Regional Sales Manager (Southwest Territory) will be responsible for building relationships and profitable sales growth with Direct
Utilities, EPCs, Power Integrators and Distribution sales channels within their sales territory. She or he achieves this
goal by driving sales of a portfolio of wire & cable products, services, and engineered solutions in support of the
Southwire Utility Business Unit multi-year growth initiatives. While working directly for the VP Regional Sales, this
individual will be responsible for managing their sales territory and working closely with the agent sales force to advance
the business objectives identified within the multi-year strategic plan.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strategically develop customer targets and plan to execute sales goals via agent sales force or direct.
• Build effective customer relationships with Engineering Firms, EPCs, Energy Developers, Power Integrators
Distribution Partners and Direct Utilities within the assigned sales territory.
• Provide market intelligence as necessary to position Southwire for growth and profit opportunities including but not
limited to assessing market size and share held by our competition to facilitate Southwire alignment for growth.
• Identify sales opportunities to “Drive Mix” with new customers, products, or services.
• Effectively utilize Salesforce or other CRM software to track project opportunities and success.
• Proactively manage all aspects of territory monthly P&L and account receivables in support of business objectives.
• Create a solution driven, leadership persona both internally and externally while collaborating with other functions
within the corporation and customer organization.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the VP, Regional Sales.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Business or Engineering with proven technical aptitude.
• Prior sales experience within utility market working utilities, distribution or EPC sales channel is preferred.
• Requires strong financial understanding with analytical skills to work through complex issues in all areas of the
• Must possess excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills.
• Requires a team player attitude continuously articulated in a well thought out vision and effective communication.
• Effectively manage channel conflict as arises from strategy execution or dictated by changing market.
• A strong work ethic and the ability to continuously develop competencies of both self and others.
• Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks with the ability to work around deadlines are a must.
• Must be skilled at using IT Systems including, but not limited to SAP and other Southwire sales tools.
• Requires up to 60% travel either independently or with agent sales force throughout assigned territory.
Plans and Aligns
Benefits We Offer:
401k with Matching
Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
Long & Short-Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Referral Program
Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply now »